Wiki Posts
Search

No such thing as security fast track at DUS, despite signs stating the contrary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
A the A gates fast lane is relative restrictive, at B and C itīs not enforced. Also it seems at least 50% of AB-tickets get fast-lane access.

Only used the LH-Lounge once, one of the worst I know. Canīt imagain they totally quit it as many business-travellers use DUS. Junkers Lounge is uncomfortable to reach from A gates.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by offerendum
A the A gates fast lane is relative restrictive, at B and C itīs not enforced. Also it seems at least 50% of AB-tickets get fast-lane access.

Only used the LH-Lounge once, one of the worst I know. Canīt imagain they totally quit it as many business-travellers use DUS. Junkers Lounge is uncomfortable to reach from A gates.
Still, DUS is a very functional and enjoyable airport. let's not get too gloomy.

Far prefer to connect to Asia at DUS compared to FRA or other German options at the moment for several reasons.

My solution at present is to book sufficient layover time, even an overnight stay, enjoy the great dining and wining options at Ddorf and Cologne and arrive at the airport just when checkin is about to begin for my onward flight.

Just discovered some great Turkish seafood restaurants south of Ddorf main station and close to the Koenigsallee. And keep exploring...
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
No one checks for priority eligibility at B or C. No one checks at CGN T2 either.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:53 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Germanwings and Eurowings and Stat Alliance airlines do not pay the airport for the Priority Lane and thus it is not really taken care of. DUS would handle is differently if the airport flying out of A would pay for it.

It is a bit hit and miss; there are times, when the priority gates are curtained up from the main checkpoints. But I agree, there could be long lines and the scanner at the entrance to the prioirty gates take every boarding pass and sometimes the regular line is even faster than the priority line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.