Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MUC Hertz Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

MUC Hertz Upgrades

Does anyone have any experience getting upgraded at MUC with Hertz? I am five star and my reservation is for an N.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by darkguy2
Does anyone have any experience getting upgraded at MUC with Hertz? I am five star and my reservation is for an N.
I never got an upgrade.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by darkguy2
Past experience of an upgrade is not predictive of a future one.
Your question is basically unanswerable.
5* does not guarantee an upgrade.
Your chances depend on inventory on the day and what cars are available.
If you don't like what you receive, you can ask about other options.
Also, if you try doing a search "Munich" or "MUC upgrades" in the Hertz forum you see varying results.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:42 am
Original Poster

That is what I feared. Since I will be flying in during Oktoberfest I expect the stock to be limited. This is also a corporate rental so even if I wanted to pay for an upgrade out of pocket I am not allowed. Thank you for the replies.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I once got an upgrade in Florence - Fiat 500 to Fiat Panda
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:27 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

This thread seems to fit better in the Hertz Forum, where I am going to move this thread from the Germany Forum

FLYGVA
co-moderator Germany Forum
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One thing more likely to happen is an attempt to scam you - make sure you document and take picture of every possible scratch and keep them long after return. There are numerous reports of hertz muc billing people weeks or months after rental claiming "damage" - search this forum. Ymmv of course.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I had a Ford S-Max on an 'N' rental (midsize auto) - at the time, no status, and no upgrade, but it was a nicer car than the group suggested.

If you have status, it's more likely than not, but not guaranteed. I'd expect you to get a C-Class, 3 Series, or Audi A4 with the autobox. That's not a huge upgrade, only one class.

Hertz's fleet in Germany is quite good for getting upgraded - it's set up to reflect the German used car market and there is quite a lot of demand for 'Jahreswagen' or nearly new cars, so while nothing is certain, status members probably won't be driving the booked car.

(My last German rental was for a SEAT Leon wagon or similar but I ended up with a 3 Series as they had nothing smaller. On the day, virtually every car in FRA was a Mercedes CLS, E-Class, or BMW 5 Series).
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:51 am

The use of the word scam is provocative.
Damage control policies for all rental companies across Europe are far stricter than N American customers are used to. It's a different business model, the price allows fair wear/tear but not damage. And yes, therefore you should check the vehicle with a fine tooth comb for pre existing damage before you drive away.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rcspeirs
The use of the word scam is provocative.
Damage control policies for all rental companies across Europe are far stricter than N American customers are used to. It's a different business model, the price allows fair wear/tear but not damage. And yes, therefore you should check the vehicle with a fine tooth comb for pre existing damage before you drive away.
hertz muc goes above and beyond your typical intrrnational rental in their efforts to extract money out of unsuspecting clients. Billing half year after rental with bodyshop damage report dated months after completion as well may indicate that they bill multiple clients for the same alleged damage. Good luck finding and documenting minuscule scratches on rims and bumpers in a dimly lit garage after 12 hr flight when you pick up your car.
Ymmv of course.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

This is good to know. I will to do a good walk around when I get it. You would think that having a corporate contract would deter them though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.