Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

MUC Terminal 1 Lounges (Schengen / Non-Schengen Access)

Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:47 am
Original Poster

I am flying to/from MUC via Reykjavik on Icelandair. I have Priority Pass access to the Atlantic and Europa lounges in Terminal 1. As the flights are Schengen flights, I should use the Europa Lounge. However, the flights are early arrivals (6:15 AM) / departures (7:25 AM) and the Europa Lounge doesn't open until 7:00 AM.

The Atlantic Lounge opens at 6:00 AM, but PP notes that it is for non-Schengen flights. My Qs are:

1. Will I be able to access the Atlantic Lounge since the Europa Lounge won't be open at those hours?

2. How long does it take to walk from one to the other?

3. Would it make a difference if my tickets are technically non-Schengen (to / from the US) even though the actual flight from MUC is Schengen (stopover in Iceland)?

4. Will I need to go through immigration and/or security within Terminal 1 to get from one lounge to the other?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by jstadnicki
I am flying to/from MUC via Reykjavik on Icelandair. I have Priority Pass access to the Atlantic and Europa lounges in Terminal 1. As the flights are Schengen flights, I should use the Europa Lounge. However, the flights are early arrivals (6:15 AM) / departures (7:25 AM) and the Europa Lounge doesn't open until 7:00 AM.

The Atlantic Lounge opens at 6:00 AM, but PP notes that it is for non-Schengen flights. My Qs are:

1. Will I be able to access the Atlantic Lounge since the Europa Lounge won't be open at those hours?

2. How long does it take to walk from one to the other?

3. Would it make a difference if my tickets are technically non-Schengen (to / from the US) even though the actual flight from MUC is Schengen (stopover in Iceland)?

4. Will I need to go through immigration and/or security within Terminal 1 to get from one lounge to the other?

Thanks in advance!
Didnt try it but you should arrive in the Schengen area and you can only enter the non-Schengen area with a non-Schengen ticket. Also I dont think they provide arrival-access with Priority Pass. At some airports they offer access-cards to enter the non-Schengen area for lounge-guests (CDG for example) but never heared something like this about MUC.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You could technically head to the Non-Schengen section to go to the lounge, but during departure you have to go thru security again. Not really worth it, the Europa and Atlantic lounges are rather dire. The other day I just opted to spend 6.60€ for a coffee and a danish at the eatery and sat at a table near the window to enjoy the views.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both, @offerendum and @oliver2002!
Old Aug 8, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: LH Sen, IHG Diamond
Departing from T2, lounge in T1

Hi, we will be traveling from Munich to Bangkok in December with Thai Arways from T2. I have a Priority Pass and we would like to go to Atlantic lounge in T1. Is it possible to go directly to T1 after we will drop-off our luggage at Thai counter (T2)? Or we must clear security/passport control at T2 than use the shuttle to T1? We would save time if we use the shuttle only once. Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Again, you can enter the T1 complex with a T2 boarding pass, but its definitely not worth the trek and the hassle, especially to get back from T1C to T2H/L.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Again, you can enter the T1 complex with a T2 boarding pass, but its definitely not worth the trek and the hassle, especially to get back from T1C to T2H/L.
+ 1 - its not the First Class Terminal
Old May 13, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone could clarify this for me?
I'll be departing MUC T1 twice, next month.

1) Ukraine International Airlines to Kiev (Economy)

2) Qatar to Doha (Business)

Is the Atlantic Lounge the only one in T1 with a shower?

Would I be able to use PP's Atlantic Lounge 'cos I'd read that T1 is split up into separate smaller "terminals"?

Thank you!
Old May 13, 2017, 7:07 am

Both will depart from the same area. Atlantic with PP access is rather dire and has no shower. The PP website is not correct.

QR will send you to the BA lounge, which is better that the Atlantic, but also doesn't have a shower.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:53 pm

Both will depart from the same area. Atlantic with PP access is rather dire and has no shower. The PP website is not correct.

QR will send you to the BA lounge, which is better that the Atlantic, but also doesn't have a shower.
Hi oliver2002,

Thank you for the information!

Cheers,

Marcelduchamp
Old May 19, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Similar question. Will be flying J on Turkish MUC-IST out of Terminal 1. Which lounge should I go to in T1? Also have PP if needed.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:44 am

TK will invite you to the Atlantic lounge, which you would also use with PP:

Turkish Airlines leaves Star Alliance Terminal in Munich
Old May 19, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Thanks so much!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:58 am

Hi!
I used the Atlantic Lounge (via PP) for my flight on UIA, as well as the BA Galleries lounge before my QR J-class flight.

The fridges in the BA lounge weren't working so drinks were warm. And the hot food selection was limited to small quiches and chicken nuggets! That was quite amusing. I love my junk food but it seemed out of place in a premium lounge.

As for the Atlantic lounge, there was a door opposite the male toilets with a sign indicating a shower. I tried to take a look but it was locked.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:39 am

The BA lounge in MUC is a running joke in the BA forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ge-status.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.