Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

I am so screwed : ( 18 hr Munich layover

Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

I'll be flying from Ankara to New York via Munich today, but I booked the wrong flight. The flight I booked has a layover of 18 hours in munich, and since I don't have a schengen visa I can't go to a hotel.

I booked it via edreams and their customer support is not available right now, it will open in 6 hours.

I heard there are sleeping cabins in the Munich airport, has anyone tried them? I'll probably stay there in the event that I can't cancel my flight.

Please someone give me goods news
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Halukcan Buzz
I'll be flying from Ankara to New York via Munich today, but I booked the wrong flight. The flight I booked has a layover of 18 hours in munich, and since I don't have a schengen visa I can't go to a hotel.

I booked it via edreams and their customer support is not available right now, it will open in 6 hours.

I heard there are sleeping cabins in the Munich airport, has anyone tried them? I'll probably stay there in the event that I can't cancel my flight.

There appear to be "Napcabs" in Terminal 2 for 10 Euros an hour but I know nothing about them.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I don't think edreams is going to provide you an answer you like, as it's not their fault.

You probably will have better luck in the Germany forum, and should ask moderators to move this there.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC MUC is divided into two areas/concourses: basically LH and partners versus all other airlines. I'm not sure they're connected airside, so that might affect your ability to use Napcabs.

It woulld help to know the airlines, cabin class (presumably coach), and any elite status or lounge access cards such as PP you have.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Terminal 1 and 2 are not connected airside.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mfkne
Terminal 1 and 2 are not connected airside.
Then we definitely need to know the OP's operating carriers.

OP should check out the suggestions in the sleeping in airports website.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
The country issuing your passport would help as well,
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Halukcan Buzz

"If youre in need of a nap at...MUNICH Airport T2 (Level 5, Gate H32 and Level 4, Gate G06) check out a Napcab. These are soundproofed, air-conditioned cubicles measuring 4 square metres with a bed and a multimedia touch-screen with flight departure times and an alarm. Charges are 15 an hour between 06am and 10pm, and 10 an hour between 10pm and 06am, with a minimum charge of 30."
from The Independant, May 11.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
The country issuing your passport would help as well,
Turkish-sounding name, flying from Ankara... Turkish?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
All the guesses about the OP can probably stop now since he hasn't returned and the issue is moot given his specified times.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ankara to NYC is most probably LH/UA, so it would have been T2 with napcabs.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Is MUC a 24-hour operation?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Originally Posted by Palal
Is MUC a 24-hour operation?
You can spend the night at the airport if you have a valid ticket, but there are no (commercial) flights between approx. 23:00 and 05:00, so basically everything, including lounges, is closed for a few hours at night. The supermarket at the Munich Airport Center is open from 5:30 to 0:00.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by ritesa
You can spend the night at the airport if you have a valid ticket, but there are no (commercial) flights between approx. 23:00 and 05:00, so basically everything, including lounges, is closed for a few hours at night. The supermarket at the Munich Airport Center is open from 5:30 to 0:00.
The supermarket is landside as is the brewery.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Ankara to NYC is most probably LH/UA, so it would have been T2 with napcabs.
The ticket was booked through eDreams, so I wouldn't assume a logical choice of carriers or flights within the same alliance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.