Wiki Posts
Search

Tight connection ARN - TXL - ORD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2016, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Tight connection ARN - TXL - ORD

Hi,

I'm travelling with Air Berlin from ARN to TXL to ORD with 1h15m between flights at TXL. Does anyone know whether or not that will be tight? Since Im travelling within Schengen I'm guessing it should be a lighter security check, but the flight from ARN does not seem to include a US security check.

Best regards
Tomas
Old Jun 11, 2016, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
TXL is a small airport. You arrive domestic at the C gates and need to walk to the main terminal, probably 150 meters to gate A00. If your flight is on time it will be easy.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 2:13 pm
MHG

Programs: BA, SK, Accor, Carlson Rezidor
No-brainer if ARN-TXL is on-time.
Terminal C in TXL is a dump but requires only around 5-6 Mins walking to the main terminal.
When you exit Terminal C landside just go outside and turn right and either walk up the stairs (a lift is also availlable) and walk along the covered walkway into the main terminal.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Great, thanks a million for fast replies!
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
If arriving on time not a problem. Done it before without luggage on a legal connection of about 60 minutes.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Tomasjo
Hi,

I'm travelling with Air Berlin from ARN to TXL to ORD with 1h15m between flights at TXL. Does anyone know whether or not that will be tight? Since Im travelling within Schengen I'm guessing it should be a lighter security check, but the flight from ARN does not seem to include a US security check.

Best regards
Tomas
I've done this exact route a lot of times. It has normally worked out just fine for me, but it does involve the inconvenience of having a manual check (by AB employees of my passport/boarding pass/hand baggage) prior to passport control and security screening at TXL. And the post-screening TXL waiting area for the TXL-ORD flights is anything but a relaxing area to hang out and do things -- so 75 minutes of scheduled time there is just about all I'd want for this. Even 60 minutes would be fine for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.