Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Fra: Possible to access T2 lounges if flight departs from T1?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2015, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp

Hi,

I am soon travelling with Qatar Airways from Frankfurt to Qatar in business class. I am arriving in Frankfurt by train and thus will not connect in Frankfurt. I have no (oneworld) status. Qatar (Oneworld member) departs from Terminal 1 and as all the Oneworld Lounges are in Terminal 2, it uses the Air Canada lounge.

My train arrives early, so I would not mind checking out the various Oneworld lounges in Terminal 2. Is that possible? If so, how? Do I just go through security and customs at Terminal 2 or do I use the airside airtrain from
Terminal 1 to Terminal 2?

Thank you in advance!
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There are two OW lounges in T2, JL and CX. You potentially have access to both, though I'm not sure is there is a separate policy that restricts OW privileges when flying QR from T1. You could take the SkyTrain, which have airside access. However, whether you want to do this is questionable, other than to stretch your legs. I have been in both CX and JL lounges many times, and neither one offers anything great in terms of food/drink or services that you can't get in the AC lounge. The views in both are of a car park (away from the runways), the food and drink selection is of the standard drinks / sandwiches / sausages variety, and the seating is ok. CX has a nice workstation area, that's about it.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
There are two OW lounges in T2, JL and CX. You potentially have access to both, though I'm not sure is there is a separate policy that restricts OW privileges when flying QR from T1. You could take the SkyTrain, which have airside access. However, whether you want to do this is questionable, other than to stretch your legs. I have been in both CX and JL lounges many times, and neither one offers anything great in terms of food/drink or services that you can't get in the AC lounge. The views in both are of a car park (away from the runways), the food and drink selection is of the standard drinks / sandwiches / sausages variety, and the seating is ok. CX has a nice workstation area, that's about it.
Thank you. I'll probably give it a try, but only if I i) have plenty of time to spare and ii) am bored.

I quite like novel (for me) Asian food and drinks. Will i find that in the CX and/or JL lounge?
Old Dec 27, 2015, 3:03 am
Suspended

No! Many CX lounges have a noodle station, this one does not. The JL lounge has instant noodles in a cup available (first section always, business section sometimes) but these are not very good. If you want Asian food at FRA, go to the Mosch Mosch restaurant.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
No! Many CX lounges have a noodle station, this one does not. The JL lounge has instant noodles in a cup available (first section always, business section sometimes) but these are not very good. If you want Asian food at FRA, go to the Mosch Mosch restaurant.
I'm using both the CX and JL lounges regularly and can't really recall any reason for making a detour to access either one. You'll get much better food at any of the "Squaire" restaurants next to the FRA long distance train station.

If your flight is from T1, no reason really to waste time in T2.

I'm using it several times a year to transit from longhaul to shorthaul or DB train so now know how to make the best out of a very subpar terminal But it's still a more or less depressive affair.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Very true. There is no point in going to T2.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Very true. There is no point in going to T2.
Hello!!! That huge windowed food court (with the McDonald's) has the best indoor airplane spotting at the airport IMO. BTW, there is now an airside train connector between T1 and T2? I've only used LH/Star at FRA in the past couple of years.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:36 am
Suspended

Yes, the SkyTrain is accessible airside as well. I don't know what foodcourt you mean, but if it's views of the airfield you're after, T1 has plenty of that.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Did not go to the Oneworld lounges after all. To much effort and there was - as you already told me - no need to do so. The Air Canada lounge was one of the better Business Class lounges I have been to in Europe and the US. Good food, nice views, friendly staff and bright interior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.