Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Bayern ticket - Munich Airport to City?

Bayern ticket - Munich Airport to City?

Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: whatever it takes
Question Bayern ticket - Munich Airport to City?

Does anyone know if the Bayern Ticket is good for traveling from Munich a/p to the city?

It would seem to be so, because it is the S1 or S8.

I'll be going to Salzburg the same day, so will buy a Bayern ticket one way or another.

http://munich-touristinfo.de/Bavaria-Ticket.htm
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Yes. It's gcod on all regional trains (including S-Bahn trains) within Bavaria as well as Salzburg.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Yes. It's gcod on all regional trains (including S-Bahn trains) within Bavaria as well as Salzburg.
Danke!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:58 am
qpr

You cant use it on long distance trains with the letters IC,ICE,EC,D,RJ and TGV but all other trains are fine (Incl. S Bahn).

You can use is for public buses too.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:26 pm

The Bayern-Ticket (as well as all the other state-specific tickets offered throughout the country) is a great deal, especially if you're riding multiple trains in the same day or have multiple people. It's good on everything within Bayern that's not high speed rail (S-Bahn, U-Bahn, bus, regional bahn) and for every additional person you only must add 5 Euros.

Just remember when you go to Salzburg you cannot use the high speed trains that link Mnchen to Salzburg, that means no Railjet and no Eurocity. You can *only* use the Meridian trains, marked as an M on the DB website or the DB kiosks. It doesn't take that much longer that the high speed rail, just be sure you don't get on the wrong train.

If you have any questions just ask the DB office at Mnchen Hbf, they can assist you with which trains you need to take, or feel free to send me a PM.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: AA PLT
One point to add to the previous posters that's oft-overlooked: you can't use it before 9AM on weekdays. Not sure what time your flight arrives, but something to keep in mind.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.