Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Agent Issue

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL
Travel Agent Issue

Not really related to Germany as a destination, but maybe there are travel experts around who can help:
I made the mistake of booking a flight through (incompetent and only semi-respectable) airline-direct.de. It now happened that one segment of my itinerary is lost and needs to be re-established to my booking. Airline (TAM) says it has to be done by travel agent, but I cannot get anybody from airline-direct.de on the line. It seems that airline-direct.de only re-sells tickets of Aerticket AG, which is wholesale only and does not offer support to single customers.
My questions is: Does anybody know whether a different travel agent, who also uses Aerticket AG stock, could access my booking and edit it? At the moment I don't see any other chance to get it fixed, but maybe anyone has another idea?
Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:15 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

What means, you could not get Airline-direct on the phone?

Airline-direct provides a phone number on their homepage and offers also a contact form. Of ocurse I know, that this does not neccessairly mean, there is a compentent person (if at all) on the phone.

Have you looked at their impressum on the webpage (http://www.airline-direct.de/ueber-uns/impressum.html)?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I had a similar situation, you need to be persistent and ask to be transferred to their ticketing desk. Say the ticket needs to be reissued and validated because of a PNR changed and you double checked it with the operating carrier.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL
Problem is solved in the meantime. I tried several times to call them on the number provided, but gave up after an hour on hold. And nobody bothered to answer my mails. To my surprise I got through after only 5 mins yesterday.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ex-koelner
Problem is solved in the meantime. I tried several times to call them on the number provided, but gave up after an hour on hold. And nobody bothered to answer my mails. To my surprise I got through after only 5 mins yesterday.
Wunder gibt es immer wieder!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.