Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Berlin taxi refused us - what to do in future?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

My husband and I had a taxi driver refuse to drive us, after a long wait in a cab line after the Berlin Philharmonic. I see online that taxi drivers in Berlin are required to take passengers to their destinations within the municipal limits, unless they're excessively drunk, carrying weapons, etc. That law doesn't seem to help if you can't enforce it in the moment.

Any recommendations on what to do if this happens again?

(His stated reason was that there were older people in line waiting longer than we waited. The people he took looked much younger than we are. We suspect it actually was because he wanted a longer ride/larger fare.)
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:26 am

Try the Mytaxi service.

If you book with the app this kind of thing should not happen.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Sometimes a problem. When I took a a cab from the Adlon to the main Station comment was: Only? Not great. In fact you don´t have many chances to enforce the drive. I would write down the registration number and complain about the driver. Most effective...

P.S. Once I wanted a cab from the main station to a relative far destination. 2 drivers ignored me as they seemed to thought I had Business to do in the inner city. In the end the taxi-driver who drove me was very happy as it was a one way 50 € drive, I allowed him to wait for me (no extra Charge of course) and my Meeting was only 15 minutes.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
There's Uber in Berlin now I believe, definitely an option for the future.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LABO in Berlin is the place to complain, their form is rather plain, but a licence plate should suffice:

https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitae...lar.264669.php

If you saw which taxi association the cab belonged to, you can complain to the specific association with the cab number (a yellow plate with black lettering):

http://www.taxi-in-berlin.de/adressen/gewerbeverbaende/
http://www.taxi-in-berlin.de/adresse...esellschaften/
Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:03 pm

I've never encountered this in Germany.

As a start, a good strategy appears to be to get into the cab before announcing your destination. Then you can refuse to get out, and waste the driver's time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.