Reload this Page >

Best place to meet in FRA arrivals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best place to meet in FRA arrivals

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: AF platinum, ua gold 1mm, aa plat 1mm mile, hyatt diamond, starwood gold
family arriving UAL 960 from newark

i am staying at sheraton - could have wife/daughter walk across, but is there a better place when they come out of immigration? From reading above, momento cafe seems to be departures level landside - is there a cafe arrivals level 1B landside where i could tell them to meet me rather than having them schlep across the bridge? Apologies if answered above - thanks immensely
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:38 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by testver68
i am staying at sheraton - could have wife/daughter walk across, but is there a better place when they come out of immigration? From reading above, momento cafe seems to be departures level landside - is there a cafe arrivals level 1B landside where i could tell them to meet me rather than having them schlep across the bridge? Apologies if answered above - thanks immensely
One of the problems with FRA T1 is depending on the arrival pier passengers enter the public area of the airport in different places and on different floors. For the last few days UA960 arrived at a lower Z gate which means arriving passengers will clear passport control at the far end of T1 and go landside on the arrival level.

Passengers like the OP's mother arriving at a B gate will go landside on the departure level and only need to go down to the arrival level if they have checked baggage to claim or are going to the Welcome Lounge, Post Office, etc.

Unless you have cell phones to communicate with each other the safest bet might be to ask your wife and daughter to come to the Sheraton. As pointed out in the Hilton forum recently there are no signs pointing towards the Sheraton or the Hilton/HGI in the part of the terminal if they arrive at a Z gate, clear passport control and go landside at exit A1. If they follow the signs for the long distance train station (marked with the letter T), they should find their way to the Sheraton.

The relevant posts in the Hilton forum are:
Getting to the Sheraton/Hilton from T1B (departure level)
Getting to the Sheraton/Hilton from T1 A1 arrival (arrival level)

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 30, 2015 at 5:51 am Reason: clarification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.