Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Transit visa requirement in frankfurt 2015

Old May 22, 2015, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Dear all,
I am an Indian national working in kuwait having valid US(B1/B2) visa.I want to travel to chicago via frankfurt.Do i need a transit visa or schengen visa?kindly comment?

Last edited by Pathfast; May 22, 2015 at 10:14 pm
Old May 22, 2015, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Pathfast
Dear all,
I am an Indian national working in kuwait having valid US(B1/B2) visa.I want to travel to chicago via frankfurt.Do i need a transit visa or schengen visa?kindly comment?
Why are you asking about a visa for Frankfurt airport in the forum about Chicago?
If you stay airside during transit at FRA, you do not need a visa.
If you want to leave the airport, then you do.
Old May 24, 2015, 1:17 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
As noted above, you don't need a visa just to transit. (This assumes that you arrive Frankfurt from and depart for a non-Schengen country. IOW Kuwait-FRA-USA or Kuwait-London-FRA-USA or Kuwait-FRA-Toronto-USA will permit visa-free transit through Germany; however, Kuwait-Munich-FRA-USA or Kuwait-FRA-HEL-USA will require Schengen visa due to segments marked in red.)

In future, use this link:
http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/visa-and-health

Last edited by aktchi; May 24, 2015 at 8:11 pm
Old May 24, 2015, 1:22 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Moving this to the Germany forum.

iluv2fly
Moderator, Chicago
Old May 28, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Hi pathfast and welcome to flyertalk. Your official ressource to answer this question is the Website of the German Embassy in India. There you will find the following information:

Airport Transit Visa Checklist

First, please check whether you require an airport transit visa. Indian nationals generally require an airport transit visa for the Schengen area. This visa allows a short stop-over at an international airport only. Neither leaving the airport’s international transit area nor overnight stays in a hotel are possible. If you need to leave the international transit area (i.e. in order to catch a connecting flight at another airport to leave the Schengen area), please apply for a regular Schengen visa.
Exemptions:
a) Indian nationals holding a valid visa or residence permit from a member state of the Schengen area or Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, Cyprus, Liechtenstein, Ireland, UK, Canada, Japan, USA (except for holders of an US “Advanced Parole Document”)
b) Indian nationals holding a valid residence permit Andorra, Monaco or San Marino
c) Diplomatic passport holders
generally do not require an airport transit visa.
As you can see, you don't need a transit visa since you hold a valid US visa.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.