Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Enter twice with the same boarding pass at Dusseldorf airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

I will fly to and from Dusseldorf on the same day. I will arrive very early and I have some hours to kill before I need to be in downtown Dusseldorf so I would like to spend those in a Priority Pass lounge. To get back to airside upon arrival in the morning I was thinking of using my boarding pass for the return flight which is late in the evening. Is this asking for trouble? Can I get into airside twice with the same boarding pass? Can I remain in airside upon arrival? I fly with Air Berlin if that matter and I fly within the EU and Schengen.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Depending on where you are flying from, you may well be able to stay airside. PP uses both the AB lounge in C and the Hugo Junkers lounge in B. So for example, if you arrive at say B35, you can go straight to the Hugo Junkers lounge and show them your onward BP. Whether they'll let you in that early depends on the specific agreement they have with PP. Neither of the two lounges are much to write home about, honestly, so I'd probably head in to Dusseldorf and find a nice hotel lobby to sit in (for example the Breidenbacher Hof, or even Steigenberger Parkhotel).

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 14, 2015 at 11:42 pm Reason: "HJ" is not a realy good abbreviation for Hugo Junkers ...
Old May 21, 2015, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Depending on where you are flying from, you may well be able to stay airside. PP uses both the AB lounge in C and the Hugo Junkers lounge in B. So for example, if you arrive at say B35, you can go straight to the Hugo Junkers lounge and show them your onward BP. Whether they'll let you in that early depends on the specific agreement they have with PP. Neither of the two lounges are much to write home about, honestly, so I'd probably head in to Dusseldorf and find a nice hotel lobby to sit in (for example the Breidenbacher Hof, or even Steigenberger Parkhotel).
For getting into the Junkers lounge with PP you do not need a boarding pass, so no issue. Getting airside with the same boarding pass twice is no issue either, however you can move from one pier to another airside. Getting into town with the S-bahn is easy too. For sitting in a hotel lobby however, you do not need to go downtown, the Maritim is pretty nice. However, Duesseldorf is a very walkable city and a few hours downtown are a nice way to kill time.
Old May 22, 2015, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your help. Everything went well, upon arriving I went straight to the Hugo Junkers Lounge and they didn't ask for my boarding pass. In the evening I came back into the lounge and they asked me if I had been there earlier that day and I said yes and they let me in without giving me a receipt (which I think means they didn't charge Priority Pass for the second visit).
Old May 22, 2015, 4:52 am
Suspended

How did you enjoy the mini-schnitzel?
Old May 23, 2015, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How did you enjoy the mini-schnitzel?
Probably not at all since they changed this against some kind of chicken
Old May 23, 2015, 11:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Probably not at all since they changed this against some kind of chicken
When did this happen? Or maybe I never recognised that meat as chicken...also possible.
Old May 23, 2015, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When did this happen? Or maybe I never recognised that meat as chicken...also possible.
Some kind of chicken kebab. I would say early this year. They still do the sandwiches known from the old BA lounge, these vegetarian meetballs and the said chicken kebab.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.