Wiki Posts
Search

Ripped off at MUC on SIM purchase?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2015, 10:42 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just bought a SIM from the electronics store at the airport (to the right on exiting T2). The salesclerk told me the cheapest was Blau and it was E20 for 1 gig of data. The card pack said it was E9.90 so the clerk alleged the remainder was a "startup fee." I think I was lied to and I also think that Blau, which uses the E+ network, is nothing special as well.

Please tell me I am wrong and the guy was honest! Travel involves constant petty ripoffs but it always annoys me way more than it should when I am caught in one.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I lik Blau. While they have other competitors now, they were one of the first to push rates down and offer off-contract flat rates/monthly packages.

Did the 20EUR include the 1GB of data? If so, that makes sense--start up pack is 9.90, and 1GB data is also 9.90.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Blau's "Internet-flat" rate costs a 9.90 EUR startup fee plus 9.90 EUR/month for 1 GB. So you were not ripped off.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 8:43 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Makes me feel a lot better, thanks!!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Something smells fishy there. The price for the Blau sim approx €10 should already include data and Blau reception is just not as good at Telekom or Vodafone unless you stay in urban areas.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by seawolf
Something smells fishy there. The price for the Blau sim approx €10 should already include data and Blau reception is just not as good at Telekom or Vodafone unless you stay in urban areas.
I agree about Deutsche Telekom being better than Blau in regards to coverage. I never had any problems with my TD-1 service. However, the costs were becoming too prohibitive for pay-as-you-go service. So I switched over to Blau World. I'm mostly in urban areas anyways. It's only when I'm sometimes on a train journey going through nowhere that the service becomes less reliable. Also, BW has great rates when making a call (or receiving one) in another EU country; as well as from Germany to other countries. Something that TD-1 did not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.