Search

Review of Tirol Taxi - MUC to Austrian Ski resorts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Review of Tirol Taxi - MUC to Austrian Ski resorts

I used tirol-taxi.at last week to get from Munich Airport to Zell am See and because I couldn't find much about them, wanted to put something on the web. This seemed like the best place.

They have three services - private taxi, an economy service where you can wait up to 90 mins before leaving and a premium economy service, which guarantees a 25 minute max wait time at the airport and a maximum of two stops before you get dropped off. For my journey, the prices were roughly EUR325 for a private taxi, EUR139 for the economy version and EUR165 for the private transfer.

For comparison, you can do the journey by train (well 3 or 4 trains) and that costs around EUR50 but takes approx 4hrs.

The are also an official partner of Lufthansa so if you follow the link on the LH website you get 10% off (I don't believe you actually have to fly in on LH).

I took the premium economy service, unable to justify the cost of a private taxi but rather wary about how long I would wait and how far out of the way the journey would take me.

I hustled off the flight (hand baggage only), got to the desk and was told it would be 3 minutes before departure. This was 100% accurate and I shared an 8 seat taxi (Merc Viano type thing) with one other fellow. I was also the first drop off at the other end.

So, basically I saved myself EUR160 for a direct transfer. Took around 2hrs 30 mins - have done it a lot faster but we were stuck behind a caravan at one point and the driver didn't appear to have a death wish, either, which is always a good thing.

Anyway, highly recommended if you find yourself needing to make this trip, although I think it would be tough to justify the economy service unless you had loads of bags as the train may well be quicker at one third of the price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.