Wiki Posts
Search

BMW European Delivery Itinerary Help

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ToGo
And dont forgett the Toll Sticker for the Autobahn.
but why should i pay with my tax a highway when i never use it?
I'm not sure what your point is, but there is no toll for the Autobahn in Germany. For Austria it's about €8.50 for ten days, to about €83ish for the year.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I'm not sure what your point is, but there is no toll for the Autobahn in Germany. For Austria it's about €8.50 for ten days, to about €83ish for the year.
Absolutely correct, cars don`t pay toll in Germany only in Austria. They have plans to introduce it in Germany, really stupid idea from some Bavarian politicans. Also the great concept is against European law in my eyes because only forgeiners shall pay it effectively.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:31 pm
Suspended

10 Days: 8,50€
2 Month: 24,80€
1 Year: 82,70€
Also the great concept is against European law in my eyes because only forgeiners shall pay it effectively.
The keypoint is in Germany the pay a special Tax with the Petrol Price or when the buy a new Car?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by offerendum
Absolutely correct, cars don`t pay toll in Germany only in Austria. They have plans to introduce it in Germany, really stupid idea from some Bavarian politicans. Also the great concept is against European law in my eyes because only forgeiners shall pay it effectively.
hows that? all drivers must pay for vignette in austria
Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:13 pm
Suspended

all drivers must pay for vignette in austria
no only for the autobahn and >3,5T the need a Tollbox (and Caravan, Bus,...)
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: *G
no only for the autobahn and >3,5T the need a Tollbox (and Caravan, Bus,...)
like saying one needs lotion for the beach only if one is exposed to the sun...

all A and S roads require it. i.e. anywhere one actually needs a personal car for. 80eur cost nothing to drive on a well-maintained road system.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

The keypoint is in Germany the pay a special Tax with the Petrol Price or when the buy a new Car?
More or less. The Vignette would be more expensive as the tax for many cars. So for German cars the "price" depends on your car. It´s never more than the car-tax. The price for the vignette then recuce the tax. So in the end no German Driver really pays it. In Austia everyone must buy a Vignette, so Austrians and gorgeiners are treated equal.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by deniah
80eur cost nothing to drive on a well-maintained road system.
OK, but it`s not only 80 €. You par car-tax and of course a fuel-tax. ....
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by tanglin
Check if you need winter tires…

Also check out the Euro Delivery forum on Bimmerfest...
Originally Posted by milepig
This. They know everything.
Some of us are in both places.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by smsu
Hi all,
I'll be taking delivery of my new BMW in December in Munich. I'll be in Germany for about 8 days and need some recommendations on things to do and places to visit.

I'm definitely planning on seeing the Neuschwanstein Castle and possibly driving on the Nurburgring. I wouldn't mind making MUC a home-base for a few days after picking up the car if there are worthwhile day trips in the area that would be fun to drive to and explore.
Because it's impossible to predict the weather conditions this far in advance, I would recommend two possible courses of action:

1.) Use Munich as a base for a few days, but consider a hotel outside of the city center so you don't have to drive into and out of the city for each trip. There are a few hotels along the northern part of the Leopoldstraße and Ungererstraße that might be appropriate and are it would only take a few minutes to get onto the A9, for example.

Once you have your base, plan your daily driving trip based on the forecast - i.e. drive towards the sun. On one of my 14 European Delivery trips, I even drove to Italy and back; on another, to Hungary and back (although I was admittedly using Berchtesgaden as a base, not Munich for the latter trip).

2.) Don´t book in advance and just drive from place to place based on weather forecasts. Some people don´t like this approach because they want to have a confirmed room but in smaller towns and villages, you should not have a problem getting a room, esp. at a Pension.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 2:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Back on topic, you might want to think about the Rossfeld Panoramastrasse.

I did this yesterday after meetings in Salzburg finished early and I had plenty of time before my evening flight back from MUC. The weather on the ground (ca 500m) was miserable. Dense fog and about 3C. Driving up to 1,600m everything cleared and the weather was lovely and warm. The sights really are spectacular. Unfortunately this time of year the whole loop cannot be completed because the road is closed beyond Ahornkaser (a staffing issue during the quiet season I was told), but the first half is more spectacular in my view. A great option less than two hours from Munich.

More infos here: http://www.rossfeldpanoramastrasse.d...panoramic-map/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.