Wiki Posts
Search

Schengen turn around at DUS terminal B

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Hi,

My question is a bit odd, but do you need to pass through security when arriving at DUS and departing back by the same aircraft from the same gate, we are talking about intra-Schengen terminal B flight?

I know that at some EU airports like AMS you are getting into the departure hall once you step out of the aircraft so you can just turn around and wait for your plane to be cleaned. I'm wondering if it's the case in DUS.

Why I'm doing this is simple segment run. One KL AMS-MOW RT ticket costs the same money as two tickets: DUS-MOW RT (via AMS) + AMS-DUS RT, but the latter gives 6 segments instead of 2. So my plan is basically to arrive from Amsterdam and fly back to Amsterdam directly on the same plane.

I tried to google images and videos of arrival area but failed. In case there is a separate arrivals area, do you think I can make it back through security within aircraft turnaround time (approx 40 min)?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

You disembark airside departure at DUS.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
No need to pass through security, you can stay in the departure hall.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks! That's all I need to know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.