Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

TXL tight connection - enough time?

Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:19 am
Original Poster

I have a rewards itinerary on hold through AA. The flight is Moscow (DME) to TXL on Airberlin then on to LHR on BA. Then from LHR to SEA. The connection time at TXL is only 1 hr 25 minutes.

I'm assuming we will have to go through immigration (customs?) We plan to check our bags through.

Is 1 hr 25 mins really enough time?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Are you on one ticket or are these separate? If they are separate, then you may have a bit of a cascading domino effect.

In any case, TXL is a very small airport, and 85 minutes is easily enough time to make that connection. I don't know whether the DME flight will come into the main A gates or the 'portacabin' C section, but even if it's the latter, you'll need no more than 30 minutes. You will have to do passport control because the gates at TXL are all segregated from one another. Don't worry, I go through there a lot and you'll be just fine.

How long do you have at LHR?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:06 am

55 minutes connection time at TXL

Would like to change date on my Air Berlin ticket awards ticket (courtesy of AA) to:

Bud-TXL -10:40 AM to 12:05 (economy)

TXL- JFK - leaving at 1 P.M (biz)

Both flights on one PNR

Will i have enough time? What will happen if bud to txl is delayed? Only one flight from Txl -Jfk daily
Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:16 pm
Suspended

TXL is a very easy airport to negotiate. Having said that, 55 minutes is tight for a USA connection. Your BUD flight will likely come in on the C gates, meaning you'll have to walk to the main terminal (10 minutes). US departures typically have a huge crowd around the gate because of the extra security controls. If all goes well you'll be fine, but a 20 minute delay on the incoming flight may spell disaster.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
55 minutes connection time at TXL

Probably be rerouted via LHR if trouble arises.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 3:00 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

If it is on one PNR, it would be the airline who had to rebook you. But I would say it is doable, eben with a delay. In my experience the lines are much shorter if boarding times is close, as most people have already passed the checkpoint
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:01 pm
Suspended

the problem is the have to walk a long way landside. he will arrive in the ab building and fly out from the main building.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:11 pm

thanks all
it is all on one PNR. probably just fly BUD-TXL on air berlin the night before than the TXL-JFK the following morning.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: A3*G
TXL is a small airport - over 1 hour normally is more than enough time for a connecting flight.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:50 am
Suspended

TXL is a small airport
no when you fly with the wrong airline you can walk from the one side to the other.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ToGo
the problem is the have to walk a long way landside. he will arrive in the ab building and fly out from the main building.
The AB building is the main building!

no when you fly with the wrong airline you can walk from the one side to the other.
Try going from LHR T5C to T1 domestic landside! Or T1 to T2G at CDG. Those are long walks.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:02 am
Suspended

The AB building is the main building!
no there are the big round main bulding and the ab c? Terminal what is a quite away.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:07 am
Suspended

no there are the big round main bulding and the ab c? Terminal what is a quite away.
AB is the main terminal. Walking from there to C takes less than five minutes unless you have a physical disability.

See here:

http://www.berlin-airport.de/en/trav...-map/index.php

I can't think of any 'long walk' at TXL.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:10 am
Suspended

look in google earth!
you have to walk outside from the terminal to other.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:43 am
Suspended

look in google earth!
you have to walk outside from the terminal to other.
I know! I do it all the time. It takes about three minutes from the Air Berlin C gates to the main A terminal, down (or up, depending on which way you are going) that makeshift ramp.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.