Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uber in Germany

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You might as well cut out the middleman and call a cab or use an app such as MyTaxi
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:18 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mandolino
What happened? I last used Uber in Munich just two weeks ago.

It's linked to cab companies but works off your phone app same as it does anywhere else. Or used to as recently as 13 July 2017.
Uber only acts as a broker of limo services in Germany. You are better off using mydriver or mytaxi, it will save you 10+%.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:55 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

In Berlin uber partners with some (or one) of the local taxi corporations and you do not pay more if you use uber than if you call a taxi or use MyTaxi. However using uber has the advantage of earning starpoints if you stay in a SPG hotel. The rate from the Sheraton to Gendarmenmarkt was nearly the same using uber or MyTaxi with an advantage of 0.90 EUR for MyTaxi
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
In Berlin uber partners with some (or one) of the local taxi corporations and you do not pay more if you use uber than if you call a taxi or use MyTaxi. However using uber has the advantage of earning starpoints if you stay in a SPG hotel.
...and MyTaxi has the advantage of earning M&M!
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:59 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by LondonElite
...and MyTaxi has the advantage of earning M&M!
correct - but I offered this opportunit to my colleague paying for the return ride
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
Originally Posted by LondonElite
You might as well cut out the middleman and call a cab or use an app such as MyTaxi
You're not cutting out the middle man cost, just paying it to someone else. I hardly ever call cabs now, just use apps.

Most of my visits are 1 or 2 days on business and although I have MyTaxi I don't need to clutter my phone with multiple apps to cover every country.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
You're not cutting out the middle man cost, just paying it to someone else. I hardly ever call cabs now, just use apps.

Most of my visits are 1 or 2 days on business and although I have MyTaxi I don't need to clutter my phone with multiple apps to cover every country.
You cut out the middle man because mytaxi adds - different from Uber - no premium to the taxi fare.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 8:28 am
Suspended

By using MyTaxi I cut out the middleman.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
In Berlin uber partners with some (or one) of the local taxi corporations and you do not pay more if you use uber than if you call a taxi or use MyTaxi. However using uber has the advantage of earning starpoints if you stay in a SPG hotel. The rate from the Sheraton to Gendarmenmarkt was nearly the same using uber or MyTaxi with an advantage of 0.90 EUR for MyTaxi
I just used Uber today in Berlin. This did not involve a taxi, but a typical car and driver like one would find in the USA howbeit better cleaner Mercedes and a courteous driver.

One of my Frankfurt friends said that traditional Uber is now available in 2 German cities.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Nope, still only limited to being an agency of regular taxi in Berlin and an agent of limo services in Berlin and Munich:

Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I made the mistake to use Uber X in Düsseldorf. Like in other places on this globe, they quoted me a (good) flat fare in the App, EUR 5,55, which was close to half of the taxi price I know pretty well (EUR 9,00). In the end I received however an Uber invoice per Email, charging me a base fare of 2 EUR and extras for time an milegage. From what I would guess exactly the fare based to the citycouncil's directive for "Mietwagen" and close to double the EUR 5,55. For that result I had to wait close to 10 minutes and sat in an old Toyota. I did not get a VAT invoice, to could not reclaim the 7% included in taxi fare. At the end the old Toyota was more expensive than a regular taxi. No need to do that again but a need to make that public to warn others.
oliver2002 and offerendum like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I did not get a VAT invoice, to could not reclaim the 7% included in taxi fare.
Wired! Normally a Mietwagen is 19% VAT compared to a Taxi with 7%. So especially annoying.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:37 am

You can view and print your receipt from the Uber app.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by offerendum
Wired! Normally a Mietwagen is 19% VAT compared to a Taxi with 7%. So especially annoying.
There was no VAT whatsoever stated so a taxi would have been an additional 7 percent cheaper for me (because taxi VAT is 7%)
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
You can view and print your receipt from the Uber app.
This is just a cash receipt and not a VAT invoice (which makes a difference of 19%)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.