Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Onward flight at Dusseldorf can anyone help please?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Onward flight at Dusseldorf can anyone help please?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Absolutely right. Try getting hold of Expedia in a last-minute-need-to-fix-problem situation. Good luck.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:10 am
Original Poster

We have used Expedia quite a lot in the past, but saying that when we have had connecting flights they have always been with the same airline.

Luckily we seem to have sorted our seats on US Airways and American Airlines flights its just Flybe that have caused the headache!

Also leaving our holiday to the last minute we did struggle to get where we wanted to go at a price that was OK.

I am very grateful for everyones advise and don`t feel quite as worried now...but have learnt my lesson for the future.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:28 am
Suspended

We aim to please
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Right now just relax and enjoy it! DUS is one of the easiest airports to transit through!
AMEN!!!
Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks all, you have been brilliant!
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:26 am
Suspended

In the spirit of FT, it would be great if you can report back on how it all goes. I'm particularly interested in whether AA interlines with Flybe.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Hi, of course I will ^... providing we do get home and are stuck in Dusseldorf for the rest of our lives!
Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:41 am
Suspended

There are worse places to be stuck. They have nice Altbier and some of the best Japanese restaurants in Europe!
Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:46 am
Original Poster

It will be an adventure...but next time we go away, if possible will book to fly directly back to Manchester
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
As this subject seems primarily to concern transit process at Düsseldorf, the thread has been moved to the Germany destination forum. Hopefully we will hear back from OP in a few weeks to find out how it went.

Thanks to all who offered assistance!

~Moderator, Information Desk
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Hi just a quick update.

We landed at Dusseldorf yesterday morning about 7am. The Flybe flight was showing on the board but with no gate number. After asking 4 different members of staff over the next few hours (we were told the same thing each time...there will be a gate number as soon as the flight arrives from the UK) we found out 1 hour before we were due to fly that the flight had been cancelled by Flybe! we then had to go to the arrivals hall and try to change flights.

As everyone who had checked into the flight in the normal manner knew about this problem all direct flights to Manchester were full and the only flight they could then get us on was Dusseldorf to Birmingham at 5pm (we should have flown at 10.20am to Manchester) and Flybe then also arranged a taxi to get us back to Manchester.

Dusseldorf really need to get their act together and remember that they have passengers with onward flights their information board should have shown `cancelled` (we were on their list of passengers to re-book so surely an announcement could have been made). So not our best experience. But never mind we got home in the end. (I do have two other queries and would be grateful for any advice but will post them separately)

Many thanks
Old Aug 30, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by d1191
As everyone who had checked into the flight in the normal manner knew about this problem all direct flights to Manchester were full and the only flight they could then get us on was Dusseldorf to Birmingham at 5pm (we should have flown at 10.20am to Manchester) and Flybe then also arranged a taxi to get us back to Manchester.
Sounds like you may have an EC261 compensation claim on your hands.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, Is this the 250 euro`s each? I have been reading up on this today as I didn`t know about it (only found it out when searching about missing baggage). I found a letter on the Which website I have copied and will put our details into.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 7:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Hi just a quick update.

We landed at Dusseldorf yesterday morning about 7am. The Flybe flight was showing on the board but with no gate number. After asking 4 different members of staff over the next few hours (we were told the same thing each time...there will be a gate number as soon as the flight arrives from the UK) we found out 1 hour before we were due to fly that the flight had been cancelled by Flybe! we then had to go to the arrivals hall and try to change flights.

Dusseldorf really need to get their act together and remember that they have passengers with onward flights their information board should have shown `cancelled` (we were on their list of passengers to re-book so surely an announcement could have been made). So not our best experience. But never mind we got home in the end. (I do have two other queries and would be grateful for any advice but will post them separately)

Many thanks
Dusseldorf really need to get their act together and remember that they have passengers with onward flights their information board should have shown `cancelled` (we were on their list of passengers to re-book so surely an announcement could have been made).
Not sure what you mean by this part.

When did the airline cancel the flight vs when did it reflect as cancel on the flight information displays?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 1:25 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Hi just a quick update.

Many thanks
I am not sure, why this is the fault of the Düsseldorf Airport Authorities. In so far, I do not understand your assumption that DUS is repsonsibile for the cancelation of an airline.

The airline canceled the flight and like in many airport around the world, the gate number only shows up shortly before boardig time. If the airline does not forward this information to the airport, it could hardly be the fault of DUS.

Flybe does not use staff of Düsseldorf airport to check in, in so far, if nobody tells the airport, they could know, but they must not know.

For this reason, I manage my connection myself using tools like flightstats, flightaware or similar and I could not see any fault of Düsseldorf airport in this case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.