Community
Wiki Posts
Search

munich octoberfest

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2014, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

munich octoberfest

so i am going to munich from 27/september-03/October. I am going solo. I am female in my late 30s.

1. Am i going to be bored there for that long?

2. I know i have waited too long to book a place to stay but is there any other place to stay that is less the £50/night. I am looking at hostels and that is how much the ones left are charging. And for Saturday night it is £120/for a hostel.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
munich octoberfest

I'll be there for the last weekend. To be honest, you've left it a bit late and hostels in/around big drinking events are rarely a good idea.

I'm sorry, but I can't help you out with accommodation. Oktoberfest is a huge event, though I think after two days at the Wiesn, on your own, you'll have had enough! There are many other things to do in the region!
Old Aug 3, 2014, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

what else in the area

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I'll be there for the last weekend. To be honest, you've left it a bit late and hostels in/around big drinking events are rarely a good idea.

I'm sorry, but I can't help you out with accommodation. Oktoberfest is a huge event, though I think after two days at the Wiesn, on your own, you'll have had enough! There are many other things to do in the region!

what else in the area should i do?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 6:04 pm

Hotels/hostels in Munich during Oktoberfest are now either already fully booked or extremely pricy. I've heard of people staying in Nuremberg and taking the train down for the Oktoberfest just to avoid the issue (that's over 90 miles).
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by KellyeK
Many Museums, the alps, the Allgäu etc. If you are bored depends on what you expect. If you like nice conversations, high class Entertainment etc. I guess you will be bored. If you like to drink a lot, to meet drunken and intrusive males etc, you could spend more than a week. I`m perhaps not the best adviser as Octoberfest and other Volksfeste are a Horror to me, but in the end it`s in large parts a big drinking-fest.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by KellyeK
Also, have you tried the "Search this Forum" feature on the opening page for this forum? I'm sure that you'll find a lot of suggestions that might fit your interests, whatever they may be.

Just one example:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germa...de-munich.html
Old Aug 12, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA/AA Marriott/LeClub
Last year we camped without reservation at The Munich- Thalkirchen Camping Site. A shuttle at the campground takes you to the U-Bahn which goes to the "Wiesn", the fairgrounds where the beer tents are located. Check out the website, destination-munich.com/camping-in-munich.html for other camping options. Thalkirchen was loud, busy and fabulous fun! Cheap, too...for two of us, our tent, and car was about 15E.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by chatel-censoir
Last year we camped without reservation at The Munich- Thalkirchen Camping Site. A shuttle at the campground takes you to the U-Bahn which goes to the "Wiesn", the fairgrounds where the beer tents are located. Check out the website, destination-munich.com/camping-in-munich.html for other camping options. Thalkirchen was loud, busy and fabulous fun! Cheap, too...for two of us, our tent, and car was about 15E.
I know this is really odd, I'm sorry, could someone tell me how to start a thread, I have no idea?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:53 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Sarahhowell
I know this is really odd, I'm sorry, could someone tell me how to start a thread, I have no idea?
There is a button "New Thread" at the upper left corner below "MyFlyertalk" and atop of the list of threads
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
There is a button "New Thread" at the upper left corner below "MyFlyertalk" and atop of the list of threads
But not once you're already reading a thread. Back out a level to the forum index and you'll see the button.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:30 pm
Suspended

I was 2 times there and there i nothing special.When you try to sit in a Beer Tend if feel like Tokio Subway and its so noisy you cant understand the guy next to you. The Price for Beer and Food are extreme hight and just from the Supermarket.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ToGo
I was 2 times there and there i nothing special.When you try to sit in a Beer Tend if feel like Tokio Subway and its so noisy you cant understand the guy next to you. The Price for Beer and Food are extreme hight and just from the Supermarket.
Have you really been to the Oktoberfest? A litre of beer is EUR9 and the food (roast chicken, port knuckle, etc, is delicious for the most part).
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:08 pm
Suspended

sure i get invitation from an Company for.
Outside many People who Pee in every corner and see the beer and food twice...
When i want to see stupid drunk people i can visit my some local bar in my area.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:58 pm
Suspended

So I would decline the invitation in future. It's a big public booze feet. What do you expect! I'm invited every year by clients, usually to the Käfer tent or another smaller one. It's really quite respectable.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
2 extremes - ToGo and LondonElite You like this Events or not. I`m more with ToGo but know many People who really enjoy it.... So everyone must experience with own eyes...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.