Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Departing Frankfurt via Thai, few questions

Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Our flight FRA-BKK on Thai is at 2:45pm. What time should we arrive at the airport? We're not checking any bags, is it necessary to go to the agent to print our boarding pass? We're in Biz class, so I don't know what we need to provide to get into LH's Biz lounge. Which lounge can we even use?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Depending on how much you like airports, I would turn up at about 1315. At that time of day you'll be airside within 15-20 max. You can use any of the LH Business lounges at FRA, of which there are several in Terminal 1. Off the top of my head I don't know what gate area TG leaves from so I can't tell you whether it's going to be a long walk or not, but it changes anyway. You can print out your own boarding pass at a kiosk in the airport if you like.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

According to FRA's website TG is at Terminal 1, Area C, Level 2 and it looks like there are several LH Biz lounges nearby. Are any of the Biz lounges better than others or are they basically all the same?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:58 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

You could use the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, which is a very good option for this flight and by far superior to the Lufthansa Business Class / Frequent Traveller Lounges in Frankfurt, which are nearly all the same. You will most likely have to see the check in agents, as TG does not offer online / self printing facilitites at FRA. TG check in is located in Terminal 1C and there are usually departing from the B46 something gates. (http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/con...irport/en.html).

As a sidenote, we have a dedicated forum for Thai Airways, which could be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...chid-plus-503/

If it less specific to Frankfurt and Germany but more directed in regard t TG I suggest asking there

FLYGVA
co-moderator Germany Forum
Old Jul 15, 2014, 6:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I think it's always a good idea to be at the airport some 2hrs before departure if you have a choice. Not having to check any luggage might save you some time, but with the holidays and those lunatic additional security screenings who knows how long that will take.

Not having to rush would far outweigh saving half an hour for me. And it's not exactly a hardship to have a leisurely drink in the lounge before departure.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:50 am
Suspended

FLYGVA - are you sure you can't print a TG boarding pass from the kiosks at FRA?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
You could use the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, which is a very good option for this flight and by far superior to the Lufthansa Business Class / Frequent Traveller Lounges in Frankfurt, which are nearly all the same. You will most likely have to see the check in agents, as TG does not offer online / self printing facilitites at FRA. TG check in is located in Terminal 1C and there are usually departing from the B46 something gates. (http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/con...irport/en.html).

As a sidenote, we have a dedicated forum for Thai Airways, which could be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...chid-plus-503/

If it less specific to Frankfurt and Germany but more directed in regard t TG I suggest asking there

FLYGVA
co-moderator Germany Forum
Thanks. However, it looks like we won't have access to this lounge. And according to the S* website we'll only have access to LH Biz lounges and nothing else.

As is the case with all our lounges, access to the Frankfurt Maple Leaf Lounge is complimentary with confirmed, same-day travel on a departing Air Canada or Star Alliance flight for:

Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K and Elite 50K members,
Star Alliance Gold members,
Customers travelling in Air Canada Executive First,
Select club and card members with proof of active membership
Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Thanks. However, it looks like we won't have access to this lounge. And according to the S* website we'll only have access to LH Biz lounges and nothing else.

As is the case with all our lounges, access to the Frankfurt Maple Leaf Lounge is complimentary with confirmed, same-day travel on a departing Air Canada or Star Alliance flight for:

Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K and Elite 50K members,
Star Alliance Gold members,
Customers travelling in Air Canada Executive First,
Select club and card members with proof of active membership
Sorry for that, I was under the impression you were holding Star Gold Status and did not research it further.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
FLYGVA - are you sure you can't print a TG boarding pass from the kiosks at FRA?
Not 100% sure, but I tried in May and failed. It was even not possible to get an boarding pass for the onward TG flight out of FRA as they were not using the same system than their colleagues in BKK.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Ok, wasn't sure but thought the yellow kiosks were ok

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.