Search

Berlin transit Question:

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Berlin transit Question:

Quick question, as the BVG website wasn't clear:

Is Potsdam covered as part of the 7-day ABC transit ticket, or does it require a separate ticket purchase? The fare looks like it qualifies as part of the zone.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by etch5895
Is Potsdam covered as part of the 7-day ABC transit ticket, or does it require a separate ticket purchase? The fare looks like it qualifies as part of the zone.
I'm pretty sure that it is. It defnitely was the last time I visited, which, admittedly, was years ago. But I'm planning a trip in June and have been looking over the BVG map a lot lately (as well as digging up threads about Berlin ).
Old Apr 16, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Here's the aforementioned BVG map referenced above:

As you can (hopefully) see, Potsdam Hbf is in zone C at the end of the S1 in the lower-left corner.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

I'm actually originating in central Berlin and going to the SAP Innovation center, which is in Potsdam, off one of the main bus lines. I'm going to be in town all week and needed to make sure that the 7-day ABC would cover all of the trips. This trip was the only wild card.

The bus stop is Campus Jungfernsee on the 639 bus line. I'm assuming that the bus transfer is included in the ticket?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Zone C is defined by the BVG as "Greater Berlin (area approx. 15 km around the State of Berlin), including the City of Potsdam" -- as Campus Jungfernsee is in Potsdam, and bus 639 is operated by a member of the VBB, you'll be good with the ABC ticket.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Zone C is defined by the BVG as "Greater Berlin (area approx. 15 km around the State of Berlin), including the City of Potsdam" -- as Campus Jungfernsee is in Potsdam, and bus 639 is operated by a member of the VBB, you'll be good with the ABC ticket.
Sounds great. Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iapetus
I'm pretty sure that it is. It defnitely was the last time I visited, which, admittedly, was years ago. But I'm planning a trip in June and have been looking over the BVG map a lot lately (as well as digging up threads about Berlin ).
I used this card last summer when visiting Potsdam to check out the Unesco World Heritage Site. Just make sure to get it validated for the day/days you use such pass.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by etch5895
I'm actually originating in central Berlin and going to the SAP Innovation center, which is in Potsdam, off one of the main bus lines. I'm going to be in town all week and needed to make sure that the 7-day ABC would cover all of the trips. This trip was the only wild card.

The bus stop is Campus Jungfernsee on the 639 bus line. I'm assuming that the bus transfer is included in the ticket?
Rest assured, it is in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.