Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Nonresident Euro (German?) card for foreign exchange? (DKB, ComDirect, else?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nonresident Euro (German?) card for foreign exchange? (DKB, ComDirect, else?)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Wayfahrer
Does DKB, ComDirect, Sparkasse or most German banks in general offer phone banking service? Not that my German would be that polished, just asking.
DKB does not, and ComDirect appears to not have it either. At least some Sparkasse have Phone banking. Berliner Sparkasse does, for example, but some Dorf Sparkasse might not. Also it's not a free-call number.

Deutsche Bank does as well. Just search Nameofbank + Telefonbanking.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Wayfahrer
Does DKB, ComDirect, Sparkasse or most German banks in general offer phone banking service? Not that my German would be that polished, just asking.
Most German banks offer phone banking, actually, I'm not aware of any that don't. I have a Comdirect brokarage account with free checking account and credit card and am happy with the service. Phone banking is available 24 hours, but unless I have a comlicated situation to deal with, I normally just use internet banking.

DKB manages my MM credit card and I've also been satified with the service.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:39 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
You don't speak German? No account! ... :-)

Tried to open an account with DKB last year. Was refused because they only offer German support and my German was not fluent to their standards.

Pretty funny:
They contacted me over the phone few days after I applied for the account and when I asked if we could speak English they just said "You will receive a letter".
This letter said I was refused because I did not speak English.

Now I'm planning to try to open an account with .comdirect. Will I have the same problem?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.