Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

FRA Lounge

Me and the wife will be flying into FRA in Aug and would like to spend time in a great lounge on the return. What is the best lounge that we can buy a 1 day pass into? We signed on for the Sky Guide Club and they refund our entry fees into the lounges. So far it has been no problem getting our refunds. For the $32 membership fee it has well paid for itself. I also plan on doing a cart run while in FRA. LOL
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:08 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread in the Germany Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: All of them...
The only lounge with a day pass in FRA is The Luxx Lounge Landside T1, 40€ pp
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by chff
The only lounge with a day pass in FRA is The Luxx Lounge Landside T1, 40€ pp
Not a bad lounge (once you've found it - signposting at FRA is terrible!), though rather on the small side... and of course the fact that it's landside is a big disadvantage.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rdaven2003
I also plan on doing a cart run while in FRA. LOL
what is a cart run. as near as i can tell, fra does not provide carts. only stairs and non working elevators and escelators.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by slawecki
what is a cart run. as near as i can tell, fra does not provide carts. only stairs and non working elevators and escelators.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-cart-fra.html
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:28 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The best lounge in FRA may be found in Lufthansa's First Class Terminal but you need a First Class BP on LH/LX to gain entry. Frankfurt Airport also offers the VIP Service with its own lounges but I doubt if the Sky Guide Club will refund the fees.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The best lounge in FRA may be found in Lufthansa's First Class Terminal but you need a First Class BP on LH/LX to gain entry. Frankfurt Airport also offers the VIP Service with its own lounges but I doubt if the Sky Guide Club will refund the fees.
They definitely will not refund the price of the VIP. They only refund $50 per day for lounge access. I guess we will have to try The Luxx Lounge. I will look that up and get my bearings. I see someone knows what a cart run is!
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:10 am
Original Poster

I was looking up the Luxx Lounge and found the Sky lounge and Etihad lounge could be accessed too. Has anyone been in these lounges?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:43 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Which airline are you flying?

Luxx Lounge - the former Admirals Club - is the only lounge in Terminal A, so if you are flying Star Alliance this would be the only option. All other lounges are located in termial 2 airside, which means you need a boarding pass of an airlines flying out of terminal 2 to access this lounges.

Here is an overview of all lounges (which you already may know)

http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/con...t/lounges.html
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Which airline are you flying?

Luxx Lounge - the former Admirals Club - is the only lounge in Terminal A, so if you are flying Star Alliance this would be the only option. All other lounges are located in termial 2 airside, which means you need a boarding pass of an airlines flying out of terminal 2 to access this lounges.

Here is an overview of all lounges (which you already may know)

http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/con...t/lounges.html
I am flying *A UA so I guess that makes my mind up. I will have to do some googling on the Luxx now. Funny how we do not do research any more?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by rdaven2003
I also plan on doing a cart run while in FRA. LOL
If you're not using a Euro-denominated card and don't plan on spending the cash, just remember that you'll most likely end up losing out when changing back to your home currency.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.