Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

First time in Germany (and Belgium) - please critique my itinerary!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time in Germany (and Belgium) - please critique my itinerary!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 1:29 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by hedur
(...) Two possible plans:

2 nights at the River Hilton in Mainz (wherever I start I need two nights for jet lag)
Leisurely drive to Oberwesel
2 nights at Auf Schönburg castle
Drive to Cologne stopping at points of interest along the way
1 night at Excelsior Hotel Ernst
Nonstop train to Paris on THA

OR

After Oberwesel, heading south instead, as FLYGVA suggested, ending with one night in Heidelberg (open to suggestions here).

I'm wondering if this isn't too much to try to stuff into 5 nights and I should leave it for when I have more time. Berlin would be perfect (because after 4 nights there I could get to Paris on the CNL) but I'm having trouble finding a nonstop flight from London, probably because it's a Friday. I'm on an AA award and the only options they're showing are overnight connections. No thanks!
Well, I would take the first option, it should be less hectic and from Cologne to Paris via Thalys is much easier than from Heidelberg (in my opinion).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.