Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Hotel for overnight in Frankfurt, help

Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

I thought maybe the folks that visit this sub forum might be able to help me. I fly into and out of FRA very often but have never had to over night there. This time I will. I arrive from Vienna at around 21:00 on Feb 10th. My flight to Denver is not until around 13:00 the next day. What is my best option for easy transport out of the airport to a hotel not very far away? Also what hotel should I book? I would rather make a reservation now so I don't get stuck. Price is not much of an issue. 200 Euro max maybe? I have never stayed in Germany since 1996, so have no idea what prices for hotels are like now.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ben
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:20 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
The Sheraton at the airport seems a good choice,
especially if you have 200 euros to spend.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:04 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
The new Hilton Frankfurt airport and the Hilton Garden Inn would be an excellent choices for you. I tried the new Hilton at the airport couple of times and I was very pleased with my experience.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
The new Hilton Frankfurt airport and the Hilton Garden Inn would be an excellent choices for you. I tried the new Hilton at the airport couple of times and I was very pleased with my experience.
Are either of those on airport (ie: walk to / in terminal like the Sheraton) or does one have to use a shuttle ?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:37 am

Welcome to Germany then

Hiltons are within walking distance I believe or comp shuttle. But its out of my league. Last time I tried

www.nh-hotels.de

next to FRA, both can be reached by complimentary shuttle (5-10 min drve). You'll get the shuttle at T1 exit A, Arrival level, go outside and there or to the left (as if you would go to the FCT) there is the bus shuttle stop.

NH Frankfurt Airport
Hotel in Frankfurt, 4 stars
Mrfelder Strasse 113. D-65451 Kelsterbach. Frankfurt (Germany)
Tel. +49.6107.9380 | Fax: +49.6107.938100 | Email: [email protected]
> around 140

NH Frankfurt Rhein-Main
Hotel in Frankfurt, 4 stars
Kelsterbacher Strasse 19-21. D-65479 Raunheim. Frankfurt (Germany)
Tel. +49.6142.9900 | Fax: +49.6142.990100 | Email: [email protected]

> around 120
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks for all the great hotel ideas guys and or gals! I Tried the Hiltons first and they were both booked up for the night I needed. I ended up booking 1 night at the Sheraton. Queen Bed, Breakfast, and Wifi package for 332$ Euro. If it werent for a company expense account I would have booked those NH hotels that were reccomended. (more my price range) Thanks gain all!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
I would go for the Kempinski in Gravenbruch.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
The former Queen's hotel, now the Holiday Inn FRA North isn't too bad.
It has a shuttle which will take you to/from the hotel in about 10 mins.
Alternatively, take the S-bahn (subway) to downtown FRA.
I usually stay at the LeMeridien which is 2 mins from the main station and thus 20 mins from the airport by train.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by pdsuk
Are either of those on airport (ie: walk to / in terminal like the Sheraton) or does one have to use a shuttle ?
They are attached to the terminal A on the same level as the sheraton but with an extra two minutes of walking. You don't need any shuttle to get there.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
+1
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat (farewell DL :-<),Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Holiday Inn Express is currently on point break special. Its only 5000 Priority Club points for a night which i think is amazing value. Has a shuttle for 5 euro roundtrip. Will be staying there in 2 weeks.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: CO gold
I guess it's a done deal now, but as a general remark, that time window and budget would also allow one to stay in Frankfurt proper if so inclined. By hub standards, the airport is close and well connected to the city.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by MrHalliday
The Sheraton at the airport seems a good choice,
especially if you have 200 euros to spend.
I am sure the Sheraton will drop their prices soon especially after the opening of the Hilton and Garden Inn within the same premises
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
The Sheraton on a Cash and Points (4000 SPG points + $60 USD) is my go to hotel for FRA layovers with early morning departure.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
The Hilton Garden Inn is excellent and priced reasonably compared to the Hilton and the old and worn Sheraton. All three are inside the terminal building and don't require a shuttle or taxi like all the other hotels mentioned here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.