Wiki Posts
Search

7 days in Germany

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLATINUM
7 days in Germany

Im planing to arrive on FRA, any ideas on what to do? I will be 6 or 7 days. Maybe i can be 2 days at FRA then 3 or 4 in Berlin.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by rookiecz
Im planing to arrive on FRA, any ideas on what to do? I will be 6 or 7 days. Maybe i can be 2 days at FRA then 3 or 4 in Berlin.
Can I suggest you provide more information about your interests. Also trying a search in this forum "germany six days" = http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germa...-ramstein.html. Look at post #2 for relevant questions that I believe apply to you.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: OnePass | MillagePlus
More info on what your would like to do, see, experience is def needed but Berlin is a great city for music, clubs, and is relatively inexpensive for a capital city.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 7:57 am
Original Poster

I do not speak German Im 33 with 2 kids but traveling alone. I may have 9 days. Is first time there so I don't know. I like bars but not a club being alone.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 8:32 am

Frankfurt is nice if you like big business center type cities that don't really resemble old world Germany. Ditto Berlin. I would suggest taking a short ride to Heidelberg, a beautiful river town that was not bombed during the Wars. Also, this is a little touristy, but I also highly recommend Rothenburg Der Tauber, a cute gingerbread town south of Wurzburg. Just google both and select images. There are tons of other areas more interesting than the ones you mentioned. I lived in Germany for almost 2 years back in the late 1960's and really love that country, not to mention the beer and Schnitzel.^

Last edited by bigbuy; Dec 27, 2011 at 1:26 pm
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC, MM, HH, MB
Hi,

That depends on what your interests are and how much money you want to spend.

FRA is a good starting point to get to every bigger city in Germany. You could rent a car or use the train. (MUC, BER, HAM can easily be reached by domestic plane)

Berlin is always a good choice and you won't have a problem with english (most of the time). Compared to e.g. MUC and HAM it is relativly cheap.

Are you interested in history? Do you want to go clubbing? Do you want to see beautiful landscape or sea?

If you tell us your interests we will find some nice locations for you!

HTH

S.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Will you have a car? I road trip up the Rhine to Bonn/Cologne is nice. A couple small interesting towns along the way. Heidelberg is close and has a great castle. If you are going to hang out near FRA, I would suggest Mainz, a very short train trip.
Berlin is a great city. But it is quite a distance from Frankfurt and if you have to return to FRA it will take 2 days travel out of your trip.
Almost every town has a pedestrian road with shops/restaurants/bars. Always a good place to explore.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
For transportation, I would take the trains and rent a car for a day as needed. In Berlin you're better off staying in the city and taking public transport which is excellent. One day is enough for Frankfurt but as others have mentioned, Heidelberg is a nice day trip. If you know the days and times you will be traveling you can purchase discount train tickets in advance at the Deutche Bahn site web site but once you purchase the discounted ticket, no changes are allowed. It's a good site to see train schedules even if you don't want to purchase tickets in advance. In Berlin, check out the KA DE WE department store (pronounced KAW DAY VAY) and go to the top floor. It's amazing. Gut Fahrt (German for have a good journey).

Last edited by Uh Clem; Jan 1, 2012 at 8:35 pm
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: BAEC, MM, HH, MB
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Will you have a car? I road trip up the Rhine to Bonn/Cologne is nice. A couple small interesting towns along the way. Heidelberg is close and has a great castle. If you are going to hang out near FRA, I would suggest Mainz, a very short train trip.
Berlin is a great city. But it is quite a distance from Frankfurt and if you have to return to FRA it will take 2 days travel out of your trip.
If he wants to get to Berlin, from FRA it is obviously the best way to fly.

S.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:42 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
When are you coming? Many ideas will depend upon the season, although this winter is not turning out much in the way of snow (yet).
Old Jan 2, 2012, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys for the ideas, sadly my plans have changed, and i won't be traveling now. i hope to go there soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.