Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Hanover Hotel 4/4/11-4/8/11- Help please! :)

Old Mar 20, 2011, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA Priemier Gold

Mrs_dergon jsut got a last minute invite to the Hanover fair in April.

Huge trade show, not a fair priced hotel to be found using my traditional searches.

Do any of you maybe know a hotel that might be slightly "off the grid" but in the city of Hanover that might not have been all booked up?

All help welcomed ---

thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2011, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Huge trade show, not a fair priced hotel to be found using my traditional searches.
Plenty of "fair" priced hotels, huge demand, high prices. Check the region within 30 minutes train ride from Hannover. Hildesheim, Minden, Bad Oeynhausen come to mind. Check on HRS.de, they allow to search for hotels which are 50 km away from Hannover.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 4:34 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
I, too, am looking for a moderately priced hotel (under $100) in Hannover near the main rail station April 2-6. I've used all the traditional booking sites, but am looking for a personal recommendation from someone who is familiar with Hannover central close to good S-Bahn connections and within walking distance to some good restaurants. Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maltasr
I, too, am looking for a moderately priced hotel (under $100) in Hannover near the main rail station April 2-6. I've used all the traditional booking sites, but am looking for a personal recommendation from someone who is familiar with Hannover central close to good S-Bahn connections and within walking distance to some good restaurants. Thanks!
75 Euro?? I am afraid you will be out of luck.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
75 Euro?? I am afraid you will be out of luck.
Actually not too hard to find hotels for under $75 (not euros) near the Hapbahnhof. Problem is they all look marginal and/or are in the Red Light district, especially for a four night stay. I'm looking for a reputable hotel (not necessarily a Marriott, Hilton or Hyatt), but one that has the "creature comforts" and amenities Americans are accustomed to. For me, a personal recommendation is far superior to something displayed on Agoda, Orbit, Expedia or Travelocity etc.. If there is a Trade Fair or some similar event going on at that time, good hotels may be difficult to find.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
This is not a personal recommendation but, in general, I have found Mercure hotels in Germany to be quite nice and cheap.
You can check this link if you like ( Accor hotels in Hannover on your dates ) :
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/booking/hotels-list.shtml
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by helosc
This is not a personal recommendation but, in general, I have found Mercure hotels in Germany to be quite nice and cheap.
You can check this link if you like ( Accor hotels in Hannover on your dates ) :
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/booking/hotels-list.shtml
You can use the InterCity Hotel which is within the main station. It is a Steigenberger Brand and certainly not bad, even if a bit higher than your budget (90 EUR).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.