Wiki Posts
Search

MUC Arrivals

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:39 am
Original Poster

MUC Arrivals

Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are flying to MUC, but we will be arriving at different times (award flights booked months from each other), unfortunately. I have never been to this airport, but it looks as though the Terminal 1 baggage claim is in the sterile area from what I can see online.

My flight arrives about 2.5 hours after hers. Will she be able to pick up her bag and wait in the Terminal for me or will she have to actually wait in the baggage claim area? We are trying to figure out meeting plans before we get there.

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Just meet at the Airbräu. Beats loitering around airside.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:06 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
T1 has 3 baggage claim areas and you are not encouraged to wait there. Plenty of places around where you can sit at and wait, look up one of them and agree to meet there. T1 is charted well on Google maps.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You would not want to wait in the baggage claim area. You will go mental.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I will look into Airbrau - waiting near the baggage claim is an absolute last resort.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Walk over to the Munich Airport Center, the large area between T1 and T2. There are plenty locations to wait for each other. One is the Airbräu as suggested but there is also a McDonald's across from the Airbräu. Justtake a look at the airport map MUC Airport Map
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Security personal will potentially be suspicious about someone lingering around the baggage claim.

Do yourself a favor get out and meet on a previously arranged meeting point. No point in getting bored in a baggage claim area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.