Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Sign in using an external account

Old Aug 5, 09, 4:00 pm   #1
nrr

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA
Ques. re Harrah's RLB

I am now "rated" for RLB at Harrahs properties in AC. Since they take charges for things like the buffet and taxes out of your Reward Credits, it just seems to be more of a bookkeeping operation. Or am I missing some perk that I am entitled to?
PS: How come Borgata charges only $5.98 for taxes and Harrahs charges $13.00? Borgata lets you use Comp dollars for internet usage, Harrahs makes you pay cash.
nrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 09, 9:43 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-1K/MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrr View Post
PS: How come Borgata charges only $5.98 for taxes and Harrahs charges $13.00? Borgata lets you use Comp dollars for internet usage, Harrahs makes you pay cash.
This may be due to Harrah's farming out their internet access to a third party provider thus meaning they have to charge you for usage.
Old Aug 6, 09, 11:47 am   #3

Location: mostly AMS and MHT/BOS; but I really prefer Amsterdam
Programs: Momentum *ASCEND*, Borgata Black, TR Diamond, Delta PM, Marriott, Priority Club & Hyatt Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrr View Post
I am now "rated" for RLB at Harrahs properties in AC. Since they take charges for things like the buffet and taxes out of your Reward Credits, it just seems to be more of a bookkeeping operation. Or am I missing some perk that I am entitled to?
Harrah's AC Market RFB/LFB guests DO NOT pay the $13/night tax on COMP rooms. The tax is 'covered!' and NOT taken from your RCs (reward credits). This is a very nice, unpublished benefit.

Now, if one were to have no RCs when checking in.
Old Oct 23, 09, 6:26 pm   #4

Programs: UAL1K
Playing the RFB game

when on RFB or LFB, I quickly spend any comps in the Harrahs gift store. I think you have to do it before the end of the gaming day or the overnight sweep will take them.
jraindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 10, 2:15 pm   #5

Programs: UA 1K
The overnight sweep is not an arbitrary cleaning out of your account, its for charges you've actually incurred.

If you're not a higher tier player, be careful using this strategy, you may end up having to pay cash if you run out of points and be stuck with giftstore junk that you don't need.
icemaker is offline   Reply With Quote