Ques. re Harrah's RLB

Old Aug 5, 2009, 4:00 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Ques. re Harrah's RLB

I am now "rated" for RLB at Harrahs properties in AC. Since they take charges for things like the buffet and taxes out of your Reward Credits, it just seems to be more of a bookkeeping operation. Or am I missing some perk that I am entitled to?
PS: How come Borgata charges only $5.98 for taxes and Harrahs charges $13.00? Borgata lets you use Comp dollars for internet usage, Harrahs makes you pay cash.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by nrr
PS: How come Borgata charges only $5.98 for taxes and Harrahs charges $13.00? Borgata lets you use Comp dollars for internet usage, Harrahs makes you pay cash.
This may be due to Harrah's farming out their internet access to a third party provider thus meaning they have to charge you for usage.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:47 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by nrr
I am now "rated" for RLB at Harrahs properties in AC. Since they take charges for things like the buffet and taxes out of your Reward Credits, it just seems to be more of a bookkeeping operation. Or am I missing some perk that I am entitled to?
Harrah's AC Market RFB/LFB guests DO NOT pay the $13/night tax on COMP rooms. The tax is 'covered!' and NOT taken from your RCs (reward credits). This is a very nice, unpublished benefit.

Now, if one were to have no RCs when checking in.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 6:26 pm

Programs: UAL1K
Playing the RFB game

when on RFB or LFB, I quickly spend any comps in the Harrahs gift store. I think you have to do it before the end of the gaming day or the overnight sweep will take them.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, KF Gold, Marriott Titanium
The overnight sweep is not an arbitrary cleaning out of your account, its for charges you've actually incurred.

If you're not a higher tier player, be careful using this strategy, you may end up having to pay cash if you run out of points and be stuck with giftstore junk that you don't need.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.