Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGM Borgata Mlife Loyalty Program

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
MGM Borgata Mlife Loyalty Program

Since there are some differences between the Mlife program and the Mlife implementation at Borgata, figured I would start a thread about some of the data-points we have been able to gather since the transition of My Borgata Rewards to Mlife.

Earnings via Video Poker :

Mlife at Borgata Atlantic City – Video Poker

Must earn a minimum of $5 in Express Comps to earn any comps at all, but you earn Tier Credit for all your play. You also had to earn $5 in Comps with My Borgata Rewards, but you did not receive Tier Credit if you did not earn the minimum in comps.

Every $1 in Express Comp earned is worth 75 Tier Credits and 10 Points.
100 Points is worth $1 in Point Play or can be converted to $1 in Express Comps at the Mlife desk.
$10 Express Comps you earn, you earn 100 Points and 4 Slot Dollars.

With Mlife at Borgata you should be able to use Express Comps and Points immediately.

Slot Dollars are bounce back free play, only available to use on your next trip to Borgata, the same as My Borgata Rewards.

With Mlife every 5th Slot Dollar is actually a Point Dollar, which can be used immediately or converted to comp. These Points are also multiplied by a certain percentage, depending on your Tier Level.

Comparison of My Borgata Rewards Black Label to Borgata Mlife Gold :

My Borgata Rewards Black Label:

$1000 comp dollars/.2% = $500,000 coin in

Mlife Gold:

$1 Express Comps/.2% = $500 coin in = 10 Points = 75 Tier

$50 coin in = 1 Point = 7.5 Tier Credits

75000 Tier/7.5 = 10000 Points ($50 a Point) = $500,000 coin in

Mlife Pearl:

25000 Tier/7.5 = 3333 Points ($50 a Point) = $166,667 coin in

Mlife Platinum

200000 Tier/7.5 = 2667 Points ($50 a Point) = $1,333,333 coin in

All Status Levels as of June 6, 2017 will be extended to September 30th of 2018, but Tier Credits will reset on October 1, 2017. Play from October 1, 2017 to September 30th of 2018, will earn status from the date earned (or renewed), until September 30, 2019.

If you earned $2600 Comp Dollars in the My Borgata Rewards program (prior to transition) you were given Platinum Status with Mlife.

Source article : TravelZork (A website I am affiliated with.)
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
(Reserved for future)
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:23 am
Original Poster

(Reserved for future use)
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:08 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
with activity comp$ NOW never expire(???)

Pre-Mlife, Borgata comp$ expired in 6 months if not used. [When you logged onto your acct at www.theborgata.com and clicked "comp$" you could see a table (by month) of expiring comp$.]
I believe that under MLIFE (even at Borgata) comp$ NEVER expire as long as your acct shows activity for 6 month/12 months depending on status--is my belief correct?...NO official statement is noted on www.theborgata.com.
PS: There were times when I had to buy (super)overpriced wine at the wine store AND use comps at 2:1 in addition, just so I wouldn't lose my comp$.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: DL PM
If I remember correctly, in Vegas, VP earns one point per $10 coin-in, and 1 point earns 10 tier credits. This works out to $1 coin-in = 1 TC. If these numbers are right, at Borgata, it takes $6.67 coin-in to earn 1 TC. That seems awfully stingy.

Compare Mlife Gold for $500k coin-in at Borgata versus $50k for Total Rewards Diamond (with daily tier credit bonus, or even $150k without bonuses). I've never been to Atlantic City, but does Borgata really rate that much of a premium? Someone fill me in on what I'm missing!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:10 am

Has anyone with TR diamond tried to do a status match here since they switched to Mlife? I know Mlife doesn't status match and Borgata did before switching over. Maybe there is a grace period? Haven't been to AC in a while and will be there next weekend.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by floridatraveler90
Has anyone with TR diamond tried to do a status match here since they switched to Mlife? I know Mlife doesn't status match and Borgata did before switching over. Maybe there is a grace period? Haven't been to AC in a while and will be there next weekend.
Yes, it's still valid. Total Rewards Diamond matches to Mlife Gold. Same as the previous Borgata Black matching program.

LINK to offer

New members will receive the following reward when upgraded:**

$100 BONUS SLOT DOLLARS® or Match Play
Complimentary Stay in a Classic Room
Access to VIP Lounge
Plus enjoy the following benefits as an M life Rewards Gold member:

Complimentary self and valet parking
Access to Amphora Lounge for you and a guest for $12.50 Express Comps per person per visit
Borgata Buffet for you and a guest for $12.50 Express Comps per person per visit
20% Bonus on Points earned playing slots
Extended Expiration for Points and Express Comps
Dedicated line at Metropolitan
Dedicated line at the M life Rewards Desk and Front Desk
*Premium cards will be accepted from Caesars Entertainment and Tropicana Atlantic City only.

Visit the M life Rewards Desk for details.

Last edited by baccarat_king; Jun 21, 2017 at 9:59 am Reason: Bolding of premium cards
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:07 pm

can anyone comment on having merged their Vegas MLife and Borgata MLife accounts?

i have reservations upcoming for both vegas and borgata... my vegas card is hardly used and i have much fewer TC on it... it was a matched card from Hyatt Platinum so it is Gold, but only until 9/30/2017.

My Borgata card is also Gold but was given the intro offer of not expiring until 9/2018... so I'd like to make the Borgata number my main account and move everything (TC and reservations) from the vegas card over to the borgata #.

has anyone done a merger and can comment on what happens? i don't go to vegas enough to justify keeping 2 accounts, even if there may be some hidden benefits.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:48 pm

My two cards were merged into my original Mlife account, and I retained my Black card conversion extension until 2018. I haven't been to Vegas since March 2016, so my tier points there were non-existent, but otherwise the tier points are combined.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Harry Lyme
My two cards were merged into my original Mlife account, and I retained my Black card conversion extension until 2018. I haven't been to Vegas since March 2016, so my tier points there were non-existent, but otherwise the tier points are combined.
thanks - i'm going to borgata before vegas so im' hoping they can merge my cards without issue
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by djl002
can anyone comment on having merged their Vegas MLife and Borgata MLife accounts?

i have reservations upcoming for both vegas and borgata... my vegas card is hardly used and i have much fewer TC on it... it was a matched card from Hyatt Platinum so it is Gold, but only until 9/30/2017.

My Borgata card is also Gold but was given the intro offer of not expiring until 9/2018... so I'd like to make the Borgata number my main account and move everything (TC and reservations) from the vegas card over to the borgata #.

has anyone done a merger and can comment on what happens? i don't go to vegas enough to justify keeping 2 accounts, even if there may be some hidden benefits.
I was also in your situation. I was at Borgata last week, my first time there since the transition to MLife Rewards. I wanted my original MLife number to be the one I kept since that one was Pearl status due to my having an MLife Mastercard. The Borgata one was Sapphire. Went to the MLife Rewards desk and while it took 15 minutes, they successfully merged the two accounts. The woman also informed me I had $10 free slot dollars that I wasn't aware of. So I think whichever account you pick, you'll retain any and all comps/offers between your Vegas and Borgata accounts.

FYI, I don't think the rewards desk is open 24 hours though. I got there after 6 PM so I think if you get there by 7 PM you should be fine.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by VH Fan
I was also in your situation. I was at Borgata last week, my first time there since the transition to MLife Rewards. I wanted my original MLife number to be the one I kept since that one was Pearl status due to my having an MLife Mastercard. The Borgata one was Sapphire. Went to the MLife Rewards desk and while it took 15 minutes, they successfully merged the two accounts. The woman also informed me I had $10 free slot dollars that I wasn't aware of. So I think whichever account you pick, you'll retain any and all comps/offers between your Vegas and Borgata accounts.

FYI, I don't think the rewards desk is open 24 hours though. I got there after 6 PM so I think if you get there by 7 PM you should be fine.
I went a few weeks back and had the opposite experience. I had Gold MLife which was from the Hyatt match but had also built credits up on from previous Vegas trips. Got a new Gold card from the Borgata black changeover. I wanted to merge the Borgata onto and keep my original MLife #. Was told by an agent that they did it but it "wouldn't fully merge until August or September". She also told me that for now they would add my match plays and a few other comp items I had to my Vegas #. I walked away and found a machine to print my match plays and nothing was there. Went back to the booth and the line was ridiculous so I didn't bother. Went to play at the tables and was told I needed to use my new Borgata MLife card. I still get emails with offers from Vegas on one number and Borgata offers on the other. I guess I will try again in September but my hopes at merging isn't very high.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:51 pm

Another note I haven't seen posted: they do not link cards at Borgata. Was told by the rep, "yeah, everywhere but here". He seemed somewhat annoyed/confused that they would not do it there when every other Mlife property does it. Guess my question is, if they get linked in Vegas, will play at Borgata follow suit?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:27 pm

wondering if others are seeing no real correlation in their offers between borgata and the vegas m life properties? borgata is my main destination but did a trip to vegas and played only at m life resorts, stayed at an m life resort (paid for the room), cabana charges etc. all credited to my m life account.

i am not a big gambler, but did match hyatt to mlife for mlife gold. did probably 15k coin in on my last vegas trip, and probably 50-60k coin in at borgata yearly depending on the year. since the switch to mlife, my offers have been all over the place. sometimes free nights any day at borgata (including weekends), sometimes $69 and up.

now my vegas offers are what i would consider generous for a player like me.. 3-4 nights comped at any mlife property in vegas including bellagio... but my borgata offers are terrible, literally the same room offers my partner has who does less than 5k coin in per year. is this worth calling someone about, or is it normal to see such discrepancy in the offers?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:02 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Harry Lyme
Another note I haven't seen posted: they do not link cards at Borgata. Was told by the rep, "yeah, everywhere but here". He seemed somewhat annoyed/confused that they would not do it there when every other Mlife property does it. Guess my question is, if they get linked in Vegas, will play at Borgata follow suit?
Are there any more data points on whether Borgata will do the linking of Mlife status between cards, or do they still not do this / not know how to do this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.