Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vegas MLIFE Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:52 pm
Rd3

Programs: HH Dia, Marriott Titanium, AA Gold, UA Silver
I'm actually heading back from Vegas and was curious about this card -one big deal about this card is per the Mlife desk is that it apparently gives you access to the priority check-in line --which can be a huge time saver --the 'regular' Pearl status doesn't give priority check-in I believe
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
That's correct -the Mlife cc gives you access to the priority line, while regular pearl status does not. Note that many (all?) MGM properties now offer online checkin, which also allows you to skip the long line and just do a quick key pick-up.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rd3
I'm actually heading back from Vegas and was curious about this card -one big deal about this card is per the Mlife desk is that it apparently gives you access to the priority check-in line --which can be a huge time saver --the 'regular' Pearl status doesn't give priority check-in I believe

In March the priority check in line said Pearl and up. I'm not sure how they could tell the difference between a Pearl who received Status via gaming and someone who just signed up for a credit card.

I was MLIFE gold via the Hyatt match for years but was recently knocked down to Pearl ( changes in the Hyatt program) and had no problem using the priority line before I received my Mlife CC.

Either way the card is NAF so just stick it in your wallet and use it every couple months for a soda.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by flyer4512
In March the priority check in line said Pearl and up. I'm not sure how they could tell the difference between a Pearl who received Status via gaming and someone who just signed up for a credit card.
It might depend on the property? At Mirage back in November the priority check in line had a sign that clearly said Gold, Platinum and Mlife credit card holders, with a picture of each of the cards. No mention of Pearl at all.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
It might depend on the property? At Mirage back in November the priority check in line had a sign that clearly said Gold, Platinum and Mlife credit card holders, with a picture of each of the cards. No mention of Pearl at all.
This is correct. Pearl does not get you into the priority check-in line. The credit card does.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Originally Posted by kettle1
This is correct. Pearl does not get you into the priority check-in line. The credit card does.
At Excalibur in March it clearly mentioned Pearl. I wasn't yet an Mlife cardholder and used the Priority line as Pearl via a Hyatt Match

Going back the line always said Gold and up, now ( at least at Excalibur) it says Pearl and up.

I know this for a fact as even though I was dropped down to pearl ( from Gold) I still had my Gold Mlife card and was going to play dumb and pretend I had no idea I was now Pearl.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by flyer4512
At Excalibur in March it clearly mentioned Pearl. I wasn't yet an Mlife cardholder and used the Priority line as Pearl via a Hyatt Match

Going back the line always said Gold and up, now ( at least at Excalibur) it says Pearl and up.

I know this for a fact as even though I was dropped down to pearl ( from Gold) I still had my Gold Mlife card and was going to play dumb and pretend I had no idea I was now Pearl.
That is what I do now that I am getting older. I "play dumb". It works 95% of the time. Buffet lines, hotel check-in, etc. I always smile. It works! Have a great Weekend flyer4512!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.