Facebook/My Vegas Slots

Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Facebook/My Vegas Slots

Anyone else playing this free game ?

For out Feb trip ( rooms already comped) we received for free

1. buy one get one free 24 hour monorail pass.

2. Three assorted buy one get one free buffets at Luxor, MGM and Excalibur

3. $75 off $150 at Tender ( Luxor Steak house)

4. $20 off $40 at the Public House

Last edited by flyer4512; Mar 10, 2017 at 8:41 pm
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: DL PM
I've got about 600,000 loyalty points and I've pretty much stopped playing myvegas because I can't seem to redeem my points for anything that I find worthwhile. Many of the good rewards are always sold out. Of the rest, many require staying at an Mlife property, and since I'm Total Rewards Diamond I usually use comped rooms at Total Rewards properties.

The program was much more lucrative in the past. My girlfriend and I got things like 2 x VIP tickets to O ($372 value), 2 x buffets at Aria (~$70 value) and 2 x $50 dining credit to Monte Carlo (straight up credit, not a Spend $X get $0.5 * X). Before I got into myvegas people were getting redemptions for free rooms at Hotel32 and Aria Sky Suites. These days I feel lucky if I can get a $10 credit here or there.

Don't get me wrong, there are things that are still a solid value, especially if you're staying at an mlife property. I've used some of the points for attractions like the Shark Reef and Secret Garden and I think those are well worth it, but you only want to visit those every once in a while. I do think the Tender credit is one of the better values as well.
not2017 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
I've got about 600,000 loyalty points and I've pretty much stopped playing myvegas because I can't seem to redeem my points for anything that I find worthwhile. Many of the good rewards are always sold out. Of the rest, many require staying at an Mlife property, and since I'm Total Rewards Diamond I usually use comped rooms at Total Rewards properties.

The program was much more lucrative in the past. My girlfriend and I got things like 2 x VIP tickets to O ($372 value), 2 x buffets at Aria (~$70 value) and 2 x $50 dining credit to Monte Carlo (straight up credit, not a Spend $X get $0.5 * X). Before I got into myvegas people were getting redemptions for free rooms at Hotel32 and Aria Sky Suites. These days I feel lucky if I can get a $10 credit here or there.

Don't get me wrong, there are things that are still a solid value, especially if you're staying at an mlife property. I've used some of the points for attractions like the Shark Reef and Secret Garden and I think those are well worth it, but you only want to visit those every once in a while. I do think the Tender credit is one of the better values as well.
Everything here is true. It's not worth playing much anymore.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I played myVegas ever since it debuted and never heard of people staying at Hotel32/Aria Sky Suites. I can only see this happening if they were assigned a "myVegas host".

I like how they require minimum nights at mLife properties so less people redeem the awards.
not2017 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: DL PM
I may have been mistaken about the sky suites, it's been over 3 years and my memory is a bit hazy but suites at the Mirage were definitely available in the past (http://www.lasvegasdaze.com/2013/03/...suite-via.html). Hotel32 also was available, here's a myvegas post on facebook about it: https://www.facebook.com/myvegas/posts/375344102561411

Mlife must have found these incentives weren't paying off, so they tightened down the game to what it is now. Which is fine, I just won't bother visiting their properties (and gambling) any more. Especially since now you have to pay to park too.
not2017 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:28 pm

I recall seeing suites at Mirage. I believe Hotel32 was available but only in their deluxe room, not their suites. Pretty big difference in terms of the rooms but I guess having that option is better than the current options?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I played myVegas ever since it debuted and never heard of people staying at Hotel32/Aria Sky Suites. I can only see this happening if they were assigned a "myVegas host".

I like how they require minimum nights at mLife properties so less people redeem the awards.
Minimum nights ?

Unless you stay at MLIFE there isn't much use but we do stay at MLIFE properties and plan on redeeming for 2 nights at MGM the week after Labor day plus other freebies.

I play the Shaq slot game as it plays for a while without any human intervention so i set it to play while I ma at work and check it every 1/2 hour or so. Not much effort to get the points.

I mainly bet sports, cashing in some nice NFL team win total bets in February

I just won't bother visiting their properties (and gambling) any more. Especially since now you have to pay to park too.
Facing Luxor to the right hand side near where the cabs line up there is a free parking lot on the corner ( Vegas BLVD) across from Excalibur

I take a cab from the airport and use the monorail, rental car just takes too long as it's offsite.

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 9, 2016 at 6:50 pm
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Minimum nights ?
Requiring at least one night at a mLife property. I believe the higher denomination free play requires 2+ nights.
not2017 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Requiring at least one night at a mLife property. I believe the higher denomination free play requires 2+ nights.
We rarely stay @Mlife and always use the comps

Last edited by flyer4512; Mar 10, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:12 pm

I'm with others on this, I think the gravy train has passed. I haven't played since Oct of 2014. There were guides on how to maximize point accumulation out there but I think it got too widespread and they watered down all the rewards in response. Even with minimal effort, it's too big of a time sink for the reward in my opinion. Did get some pretty sweet rewards while I did play though.
not2017 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
I just booked a free 2 night weekend stay at Bellagio because of myvegas, so there is still occasional value to be had. However, I agree that I stopped playing and am currently just burning through points I already have though.
not2017 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 9:04 pm

I had stopped playing for a while mostly because I had no trips planned. This year, so far I used a BOGO at the Bellagio Buffet, a BOGO Love tix, and a free night at Luxor. I'm going later this month and using a free 2 night stay at Mirage (cash rates were $190 a night after tax, before resort fee for the nights I booked) and probably a free ticket to Zarkana rather than BOGO as my Mlife Gold discount is better than the BOGO rate. I'm bookending the stay with Bellagio & Delano through Amex FHR. I'll probably also do another BOGO Buffet - either Bellagio or Aria. Anyone have an opinion on that?

Not amazing value, but I'll save at least a few hundred on this trip. I apparently don't gamble enough to regularly get mail offers for comped rooms elsewhere, so I'm happy enough with it still.

Oh, and parking is free for Mlife Gold, which you can match to with Hyatt Platinum. Luxor even had front row dedicated spots in the garage for gold, platinum, or noir.
not2017 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Just redeemed for 2 free Cirque tickets - 1 for Ka, 1 for Zumanity.
Glad that it was easy to book the tickets online instead of calling a rep.

Trying to find a reasonable redemption offer with the remaining points (~17k at the moment) but right now it looks like the BOGO candy at Hexx is going to be it.
Not planning on staying at MGM properties, considering the resort fees.. but will definitely use the taxi line jumping perk for mLife elites.

If only mLife elites had some kind of benefit with Cirque shows (maybe free upgrades to a better seat?). Oh well!
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I missed out of the golden days of MyVegas but there is still value to be had, especially if you go mid-week and stay at mgm properties, which we usually do. We usually save about $400 per trip with 2 free cirque tickets, a good room discount or free night and a couple of BOGO buffets.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
There's a new MyVegas app out now- "Pop! Slots"

More generous on free coins every 2 hours, and seem to be the same slots that are in the MyVegas slots app, but some have better bonus rounds.

Seem to be loose enough to get another 200-400 rewards points per day without paying for coins.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.