Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by oyouno
You don't need any offers loaded. There are tons of comp nights on the TR site as usual. Nothing has changed for me.
Nah I just became Diamond again like the rest of you but I see no Comp nights anywhere in Vegas through the rest of the year.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
They're still a benefit. On the way home from LAS now, will post the current list of free shows when I get home.

EDIT: posted in the other thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gamin...l#post26877887
Thank you.

Originally Posted by BarronConrad
Nah I just became Diamond again like the rest of you but I see no Comp nights anywhere in Vegas through the rest of the year.
Ditto.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by BarronConrad
I believe comp rooms are based on ADV and gambling and not on status, at least outside of occasional Diamond promotions. You don't need to gamble to Diamond levels to get comps, but you're not likely to see comps if you don't gamble.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by fordan
I believe comp rooms are based on ADV and gambling and not on status, at least outside of occasional Diamond promotions. You don't need to gamble to Diamond levels to get comps, but you're not likely to see comps if you don't gamble.
Exactly. Status has nothing (or very little) to do with comp rooms.

I've received far better comp room offers as a no-status or platinum TR than certain diamond friends.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
Disappointed

Ugh - I'm so disappointed. I wrote to FC last week and asked about the status of my upgrade (I'm in good standing w/FC; membership up in June). I received a reply the next day (I'm happy with the promptness of that, at least) saying they were working with CET to process my upgrade and that it should take "about a week or so." I wrote again yesterday to see what the status is and received a note today saying they were sorry, but I would have to reapply for the benefit and that it will take a couple of weeks to process. My trip to Vegas is next week! I would have reapplied earlier had I known this.

Ugh. Just venting. I know they can't expedite any requests. At least, that's what they've said.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by lindaiah
Ugh - I'm so disappointed. I wrote to FC last week and asked about the status of my upgrade (I'm in good standing w/FC; membership up in June). I received a reply the next day (I'm happy with the promptness of that, at least) saying they were working with CET to process my upgrade and that it should take "about a week or so." I wrote again yesterday to see what the status is and received a note today saying they were sorry, but I would have to reapply for the benefit and that it will take a couple of weeks to process. My trip to Vegas is next week! I would have reapplied earlier had I known this.

Ugh. Just venting. I know they can't expedite any requests. At least, that's what they've said.

That happen to me as well I would have reapplied a week ago SMH was thinking of going this weekend but not without the Diamond Status
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
+1 .... I was going the 1st week of March but only if my status is upgraded back to Diamond. Thankfully, if necessay, everything (air, car, hotel, etc) is cancellable/changable.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Any recent experience/advice with status match to Borgata?

I'll be in Atlantic City for two nights and am hoping to status mach my TR Diamond to Borgata Black. I assume that still works ... is there anything I need to know other than showing up with my TR Diamond card?

I already have a Borgata card but have never had status - will I still get a free room night and some free play credit or is that only for new card applicants?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by huge
I'll be in Atlantic City for two nights and am hoping to status mach my TR Diamond to Borgata Black. I assume that still works ... is there anything I need to know other than showing up with my TR Diamond card?

I already have a Borgata card but have never had status - will I still get a free room night and some free play credit or is that only for new card applicants?
Should be fine. I believe the perks are still offered, as long as you have never status matched previously. You only don't get them for the renewal via status match (which Borgata has allowed). But, things will be changing when Borgata goes Mlife in June. So, definitely do the upgrade now.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Should be fine. I believe the perks are still offered, as long as you have never status matched previously. You only don't get them for the renewal via status match (which Borgata has allowed). But, things will be changing when Borgata goes Mlife in June. So, definitely do the upgrade now.
Unfortunately, you do not get anything for the status match if you are already a Red Card. You get the perks only as a new player. I did mine at the end of October. Good thing is you'll be Black Label for the switch to MLife.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by jgxtrav1
+1 .... I was going the 1st week of March but only if my status is upgraded back to Diamond. Thankfully, if necessay, everything (air, car, hotel, etc) is cancellable/changable.
Whether or not you have diamond status makes a difference in whether you go on a trip at all or not???
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687
Whether or not you have diamond status makes a difference in whether you go on a trip at all or not???
I think going to Vegas it can if the Diamond perks are worked into your trip. Just the Diamond Celebration dinner credit and a couple trips to the lounges for quick bites, plus express line privileges saves time and money. Maybe you planned to try and see a show. And now, I'm one of those who'd still go to Vegas with resort fees, but if you don't have to pay by waiting 2 weeks, why not?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by Herb687
YES!

As Harry Lyme indicated, I will delay my trip a week or two if it means having Diamond benefits!

My wife is joining me on this March (or maybe April) trip. My wife only goes once a year (while I go 2-4 times a year) so I like to use my "maximum Diamond benefits" on the trip with her. Hard to use the $100 celebration dinner when I'm on a trip by myself. Also, if I don't have Diamond benefits (which waive resort fees), I don't stay at a Total Rewards hotel.

Last edited by jgxtrav1; Feb 23, 2017 at 3:22 am
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
How hard is it to get get accepted to FC? Do they do background check or ask for anything or just make the payment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.