Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I love "gut feelings."
Life is no fun with out them, haha!

I wasn't joining FC without some value in it elsewhere. They key deterrent, if you may, in that is they renegotiate every year. That's a dicey proposition.

My advice? Use your celebration dinner, book a couple of hotel stays, and book your trip to Atlantis by month's end.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Harry Lyme
Life is no fun with out them, haha!

I wasn't joining FC without some value in it elsewhere. They key deterrent, if you may, in that is they renegotiate every year. That's a dicey proposition.

My advice? Use your celebration dinner, book a couple of hotel stays, and book your trip to Atlantis by month's end.
Well.. I started this thread back in JUNE 2014! And it's now 2017.

Nothing lasts forever. But, who knows. I still believe we have to wait and see. I don't make predictions about devaluations... well, sometimes I do...

(Note : above link is to a website that I am personally involved with... and an article I personally wrote.... for full disclosure....)
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I am sure baccarat_king and Harry Lyme made a lot of money from the referrals to this scam.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by skyscanner
I am sure baccarat_king and Harry Lyme made a lot of money from the referrals to this scam.
Haha, no, sir! It would be nice, though. I'm just being honest and open about this and I can see points on both sides of it. I feel for the people who signed up for it to be Diamond in November or December and never got it, but at the same time, with renewal looming and a six week turn around, maybe that was too late in the process. And maybe it's Total Rewards not doing the upgrades, and not FC. We don't really know.

I play, for sure, so I know what those risks and pending losses are. I applied that to getting this card. For me, maybe not any one else, pre-paying for FC in October was maybe gonna get me two or three months, if they didn't renew. But hey, that 2-year pre-pay wasn't even two nights play and eat money on an AC trip. That's how I marked off my losses. So, no, I'm not getting worked up over this.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:56 pm

If one books a reservation while a Diamond (and thus gets a reservation showing no resort fee), does Caesar's honor that reservation if Diamond is subsequently lost prior to travel?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Spektre
If one books a reservation while a Diamond (and thus gets a reservation showing no resort fee), does Caesar's honor that reservation if Diamond is subsequently lost prior to travel?
I'm 98.763% sure that they will honor what was booked at reservation. Which conversely is also why if you make Diamond during a trip or post booking, the make sure you check out at desk so they can waive any resort fees. Otherwise, if you self/express/TV check out, then you should have no problem.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
CET would be wrong to renew it, as a LV local I eat my lunch and dinner in the lounges, enjoy the free shows and the free 100$ dinner and stay away from gambling. CET is losing a lot of money on me. I am gaming the system.
Let me understand this skyscanner, you openly advertise you are "gaming the system," which I am not sure what purpose that serves.... Then you criticise myself and Harry. Two people who basically have provided very honest and upfront answers.

a) I have brought this to the attention of many since 2014.
b) This has brought an extreme value to many since 2014, including the additional benefits of FoundersCard.
c) I always encouraged folks to not enroll for just one benefit, to only enroll if they find value in numerous FoundersCard benefits.
d) I have always been honest that benefits (including Caesars Diamond) must renew year to year. That the renewal for Caesars has previously happened in January, that there is no guarantee for the renewal of this benefit or any other benefit.

To call FoundersCard a "scam" is disingenuous. It might not work for you. You might have joined for one reason (which I discourage). But it is not a scam. And you, have admitted to "abusing" the status. (once again, not sure why you would do that, especially on a public forum)

So, you can be upset all you want, but I do not believe I have been devious or dishonest in any way. Not to mention, I've added back to the FlyerTalk community with this advice and hundreds of other pieces of advice in more than 7,000 posts since 2005.

Sometimes a little empathy, and kindness and "respect" goes a long way.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Founderscard is a ponzi scheme. It will collapse this February. Only baccarat_king and Harry Lyme are interested in benefits other than the CET Diamond.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Founderscard is a ponzi scheme. It will collapse this February. Only baccarat_king and Harry Lyme are interested in benefits other than the CET Diamond.
Willing to wager "real money" not just talk?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
No, I've used several of the other benefits and found them useful, though the Diamond status one was the most useful. Hell, you've posted about the 10% off benefit on BA. I've also used it to get Hilton Gold which is useful for when I spend nights away from my main hotel program of Marriott.

There's also been no actual announcement of changes. We all suspect it's coming, but we're all still speculating. I suspect and posted in November that I thought the perk would be changed to "VIP Access" which gets you the line skips but no dropping of the resort fees, celebration dinner or Diamond Lounges (and still suspect that, especially with the ending of the SPG/Caesars deal where among other benefits SPG Platinums got VIP Access so now there's a program with not many people in it).

If you really want Diamond, there's always the "Diamond in a Day" option if you can gamble sufficiently to earn 5k tier credits in a single day (and thus earn the 10k bonus tier credits). That's $25k coin-in for normal slots and $50k coin-in for video poker.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:29 pm

The https://founderscard.com/benefits/caesars-total-rewards page is now dead. I haven't looked at it for a few days, so I'm unsure when it was last live. This doesn't necessarily tell us anything since the page could be being rebuilt. FC doesn't otherwise offer other benefits which I don't receive elsewhere, so my signup is pending on CET renewal.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:41 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator caution.

Moderator note, the thread's posts are starting to violate FT Rule 12, in attacking members, and not limiting the discussion to discussing the topic of the rewards program. It's fine to discuss the program vigorously, but let's avoid attacking each other. Thanks, Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by seric
The https://founderscard.com/benefits/caesars-total-rewards page is now dead. I haven't looked at it for a few days, so I'm unsure when it was last live. This doesn't necessarily tell us anything since the page could be being rebuilt. FC doesn't otherwise offer other benefits which I don't receive elsewhere, so my signup is pending on CET renewal.
It seems to be there for me. When you click "Redeem Now", it now contains the following text though:
We are currently finalizing the details of this benefit for 2017. Current Members who have the upgrade through FoundersCard will have Diamond status through January 31, 2017. Please refer back to this page for the most up to date and accurate information regarding this benefit after January 31.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:11 am

I am a little confused. I do see as stated above that the Caesar's page as well as the NOBU page are not pulling up, but The Cromwell page is pulling up and it is also a Harrah's property with the Total Reward's program so if the program wasn't going to be available, I wouldn't think you would be able to see The Cromwell either??
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:33 am

I've had no problems pulling any of them up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.