Search

3:2 $10 blackjack in Vegas?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2011, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
3:2 $10 blackjack in Vegas?

Can these tables be found on the Strip? Every place that I saw with $5 or $10 tables (I didn't look at higher stakes) had 6:5 blackjack with the dealer hitting on 17.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
I just got back yesterday from Vegas and I only found 3:2 blackjack tables downtown at the Golden Nugget. Had a great meal there also at the Grotto and a terrible meal at Lupo in Mandalay Bay. It's a Wolfgang Yuck restaurant and 3 of 4 entrees were inedible.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: United Premier Silver
Last time I was there was in May 2010 (going this weekend though) and there were some at the Tropicana.

That is when I broke my blackjack cherry, so I looked for a low minimum table to sit down with the BS card and learn. Previously I was strictly craps and roulette.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Originally Posted by Dovster
Can these tables be found on the Strip? Every place that I saw with $5 or $10 tables (I didn't look at higher stakes) had 6:5 blackjack with the dealer hitting on 17.
Not hard to find if you want to play 1) against a Continuous Shuffle Machine or 2) off the Strip. Not at all hard to find $5 3:2 tables off-Strip.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 3:04 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
There should be a fair few places on the strip...

I think that MGM has a lot of these - shoe games with $10 (or was it 15 ?) minimums for 3:2 H17 games. 3:2 AND S17 games are hard to come by on the strip unless you are playing $25 minimums.

D.

Originally Posted by Dovster
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
As mentioned previously, MGM Props have these tables. In that area, I've played at Tropicana where I got on a $5 min table.

I have also played $10 min at the Mirage and it was a late afternoon. Around Mirage though, I've never seen anything that low for 3:2.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 4:01 am

Mirage doesn't have that many tables - compared to MGM - I've only every seen S17 3:2 on min 25 (the long pit leading up to the buffet ?)

D.

Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
As mentioned previously, MGM Props have these tables. In that area, I've played at Tropicana where I got on a $5 min table.

I have also played $10 min at the Mirage and it was a late afternoon. Around Mirage though, I've never seen anything that low for 3:2.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 1:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold / Million miler
Possibly slightly outdated by now...nonetheless, a great (if long) article:

http://travel.latimes.com/articles/la-tr-vegas25feb25
Old Feb 26, 2011, 1:10 pm

Interesting article...

Vegas seems to be overflowing with party pits, passion pits, fetish pits, fun pits, pirate coves etc etc.

Overall - great marketing idea. Take your worst games (highest house edge) and have them dealt by dealers clad in bikinis with go-go dancers behind them. Taking the idea that "gambling is entertainment' one step further. And if you don't know any better ("what does 6:5 mean, anyway ? I love single deck blackjack...") these are great places to have fun playing...
Old Feb 26, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by dand99
Mirage doesn't have that many tables - compared to MGM - I've only every seen S17 3:2 on min 25 (the long pit leading up to the buffet ?)

D.
+1 (played it last year)
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG gold, PC Plat, Delta GM, Amex Plat
I actually found a couple of $10 min, 3:2 blackjack, dealer hits soft 17, Double after split tables at Encore. They only had them Friday and Saturday night though, and then went up to $25 min and then $100 min when they were closing down the pit at about 4 am.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K; WN A-List; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; National EE
There are several places. The following link is a survey of all 3:2 blackjack tables in Las Vegas along with the various rules and house edges. It is updated fairly frequently:

http://wizardofvegas.com/guides/blackjack-survey//
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:39 am

Bear in mind, though, that these are extremely fluid (see the last post).... table mins, number of tables etc all keep changing throughout the day...

D.

Originally Posted by Beer Me!
There are several places. The following link is a survey of all 3:2 blackjack tables in Las Vegas along with the various rules and house edges. It is updated fairly frequently:

http://wizardofvegas.com/guides/blackjack-survey//
Old Mar 4, 2011, 1:47 pm

The best game in Las Vegas oddswise has been the single deck game at El Cortez for a long time. Single deck $5 blackjack with full 3-2 payoffs on blackjacks, no doubling after splitting and no surrender, and double down on any first two initial cards. No resplitting of aces (there's only 4, remember!), and dealer hits soft 17. House edge is miniscule .18!

El Cortez is Downtown, and not on the Strip, however. If good odds and cheap minimums are your prime concerns, you just can not do better that this. Strip blackjack is not for serious players, at least not at the lower limits.

Just an FYI: though the Strip is thought of where the "fun pits" are located, Downtown has them, too! The minimums will be cheaper, though the games are still terrible ruleswise.

For any blackjack novices reading this, do yourself a favor and repeat after me... "I will NOT play blackjack at Osheas (on the Strip) or at any table where the placard states that blackjacks only pay 6-5"

There, I just saved you some money!
Old Mar 5, 2011, 4:56 pm

I used to be a radical "no 6/5" myself, but let's face it, most people looking for lower limit blackjack are just looking to have fun, most of them don't even know basic strategy. If I don't feel like going off strip, or searching out the near extinct low limit 3/2, I play 6/5 and I don't beat myself up over it anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.