Wiki Posts
Search

1st time on Frontier

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
1st time on Frontier

(aside from the 1980's incarnation, that Peoplexpress purchased).

I'm somewhat spoiled by the products and upgrades afforded to me as a Delta Diamond, but did some homework prior to mentally prepare for this trip...

CVG - SFO Sunday afternoon; low expectations, but generally was OK.

- 30 minute delay (weather/air traffic in SFO)
- My backpack just barely fit into the sizer, but no one besides me checked.
- I put it in the overhead without any complaints or reprimands.
- Pilot and crew were jovial and communicative.
- Slept thru most of the flight, so no comments re the other amenities.
- Everything seemed to work fine - from the reservations process, online check in, seat assignment, etc.

Negatives were the complete lack of IFE, wifi, charging. But the worst part by far was the seat - nothing more than a piece of hard plastic with a tiny bit of cushioning. And no recline (my choice....exit row)....

I knew about all of the rest, but the seat caught me by surprise, and it was uncomfortable.

So overall - - - pretty good, especially for the savings realized. Probably would fly Frontier again....but likely for a shorter flight.

Last edited by rrz518; Aug 7, 2017 at 4:41 pm
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Yeah, the seats are a complete joke.

If you can get a fantastic price, it's probably worth it. I hear IROPS can be a complete cluster, though, given the small fleet.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, SW, Hilton, , UAL PM, AA Gold-skeptic
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Yeah, the seats are a complete joke.

If you can get a fantastic price, it's probably worth it. I hear IROPS can be a complete cluster, though, given the small fleet.
The fare was quite low - Sunday evening travel to SFO can be quite costly and this was about 1/3 of the going rate on other carriers.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
Originally Posted by rrz518
(aside from the 1980's incarnation, that Peopexpress purchased).

Negatives were the complete lack of IFE, wifi, charging. But the worst part by far was the seat - nothing more than a piece of hard plastic with a tiny bit of cushioning. And no recline (my choice....exit row)....
+1 ^
your pros & cons are spot-on...
I have flown Frontier quite a bit in the last year. for 10+ years I was either DL Platinum, or UA 1K. Years ago, when upgrades were plentiful and the food was edible, it was worth spending a little more to keep status. But I just can't justify the difference in price anymore.

Frontier has a pseudo-elite tier, (20K B.I.S. miles) which lets you chose seats towards the front of the plane at time of purchase, and the extra legroom seats at time of check-in. It also lets you take a full-size carry-on free of charge. I usually get zone 1 boarding too. The thin, hard seats are horrible, but when I am saving literally hundreds of dollars per trip, I can live with it.

The main thing I worry about is IROPs... If there is a cancellation, you're stranded until they can fit you on a flight! For this reason I only fly non-stops with Frontier, (and on very rare occasions, Spirit)
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
I booked my 1st flight last night. It was 1/10 what DL wanted and after adding seats in front it was still 1/5th the price.
I've been Platinum and Gold on DL but the last 2 years I just look for the lowest price.

Thanks for the info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.