Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F9 big route announcements on 7/18

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by liberty805
Sad to see RDU to both TTN and PHL eliminated. Sucks that they can't compete with AA who have already shot their price back up to about $350 one way on that route for the dates after Frontier stops flying it.
Frontier should have just stuck with TTN-RDU. Why launch PHL-RDU then let AA fare match it, which then dilutes passenger demand for TTN-RDU in the end, that it can't sustain itself?

Also, Frontier has been reducing TTN for a couple of years now, and likely as a result, passenger traffic is down at that airport. TTN-TPA and TTN-MIA aren't even daily in the peak season, so I don't find Frontier's flight offerings except for MCO service compelling.

With the loss of PHL/TTN-RDU, I am doubtful that Frontier will consider other short-hauls out of PHL as well.

Frontier still flies some other short-haul routes like ATL-MCO but part of it is maybe because of the MCO crew base and flights originating from MCO. ATL-MCO is a thick route with high PDEW, but Frontier will offer just one flight against dozen other competing flights.

Last edited by beyondhere; Jul 24, 2017 at 9:55 pm
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by flyYX
I would have been more excited if AA started MKE - MIA. It would have made a lot more sense since AA has a hub there and is the gateway to Latin America.
Yes, they should listen to those customers. They want to fly from MKE-MIA nonstop. It will becomes go for all year-round long instead of seasonal. It should be so successful.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JazzyJosh
Yeah, I got completely screwed by these changes. They killed my RDU -> SFO Round Trip and unhelpfully offered a refund and a $100 voucher. Looks like they're leaving RDU
They're not leaving RDU. They're axing RDU-PHL/TTN/DEN but adding RDU-AUS/LAS and keeping RDU-MCO
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:08 am

Yeah, I notice that now. Doesn't help me though :/

They've announced a new routing for my RT, but it's much, much worse. Over a day long, and requires two stops.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Looks like other announcements are in the works for Tuesday...
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MIDWESTERNFLYER
Looks like other announcements are in the works for Tuesday...
Oh, boy! Guess we will find out soon enough. Big surprise!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

SJC it is!!!

SJC-COS 4x weekly
SJC-ATL 5x weekly
SJC-CVG 3x weekly

All begin around the first week of April.

More to come! Stay tuned!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OMA-RSW has been added. Beginning on Nov. 9, 2017. Twice-weekly service.

http://www.omaha.com/money/frontier-...d1801e452.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.