Flights to Orlando after August 13

Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Flights to Orlando after August 13

The Frontier website says they are taking bookings to Orlando up to 8/13/17. Does anyone know when Frontier will start taking post-8/13/17 bookings?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by narb
The Frontier website says they are taking bookings to Orlando up to 8/13/17. Does anyone know when Frontier will start taking post-8/13/17 bookings?
They generally don't release information on schedule extensions in advance. Even their employees don't know.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
They generally don't release information on schedule extensions in advance. Even their employees don't know.
I see. I have to believe there is some notice to the public before they officially roll out the schedules. In other words, they don't wait until August 14 to start taking bookings for August 14-forward. That is what I intended to ask about.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:07 pm

They will extend the schedule prior to August, but there is no way to know when the extension will be posted.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benfro6
They will extend the schedule prior to August, but there is no way to know when the extension will be posted.
Gotcha. Thanks to both of you.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by benfro6
Yeah, That's what I meant, thanks for the clarification.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by narb
I see. I have to believe there is some notice to the public before they officially roll out the schedules. In other words, they don't wait until August 14 to start taking bookings for August 14-forward. That is what I intended to ask about.
They tend to open the booking window around 3 - 5 months ahead of time, with summer only having opened a couple of weeks ago. They don't usually say things like "watch for our new schedule for 8/14 through 10/21 for sale on April 3rd" like Southwest does so you just have to watch.

A few other things to know, most of which differ from what Southwest does (in case you're more familiar with how that process works)

--When a new Frontier schedule period is opened up, sometimes the full set of fares isn't immediately available, or perhaps you'll only see the "discount den" fares out there with regular ones showing sold out. Don't panic -- just be patient and things will look more normal within a number of days.

--Frontier often rolls out new routes after the initial schedule is published. For example the summer period was rolled out a few weeks ago but they mostly just pushed the spring schedule forward. There will undoubtedly be some new flying they add this summer which is still to be announced.

As a general, broad rule experts recommend not shipping for domestic tickets until around 60 days out for the best deals. By that point Frontier's schedule will be open, and then when you find a fare you're happy with (on Frontier or whoever) jump on it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.