Frontier A320 row 12

Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Frontier A320 row 12

Hey all,

Anybody have seen the layout of the plane? Seat guru seem to show row 12 (first exit row) being an exit row with stretch seat but frontier currently is selling the seat for regular seat price.

Last edited by kanlis; Aug 26, 2016 at 5:29 pm
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:02 pm

No recline (not even pre-reclined) at row 12 because of the exit door one row behind. Extra leg room yes...but way more vertical of a seat.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:44 pm

I will be flying Frontier for the first time on Monday (9/5/16)...and in row 12. If I can remember, I'll re-reply with my experience. I did some research online. Google "the winglet frontier row 12". The guy who wrote the review provides pictures of row 12 and also states he does not recommend that row for flights over 3 hours as it does not recline. I am 5'9 and my boyfriend is 6'5 and our flight is just under 3 hours. From the reviews I read on Frontier "in general", all the seats are terribly uncomfortable and those who paid ALOT extra for stretch didn't feel they were that much different. If that is the case, I'd rather be uncomfortable with legroom than reclined and cramped.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 3:03 pm
formerly chrisbarnett01

Frontier has changed the seating on all of it's planes.

No seat reclines on any aisle, on any plane, in their entire fleet.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Hairbus380
Frontier has changed the seating on all of it's planes.

No seat reclines on any aisle, on any plane, in their entire fleet.
That is simply wrong. The "Stretch" seats all recline. I know I sat in several and they did recline.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:32 am

Update: Flew on Frontier row 12 yesterday. Absolutely LOVED IT! I thought it had more legroom than the stretch seats in the first couple of rows (stretch seats were $50, row 12 was $16 on our flight). Note: tray tables are in the arm rest of the seat. If I ever fly Frontier again, it's going to be in row 12. Economy priced seating for first class legroom. Check.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Jennifer Jennings
Update: Flew on Frontier row 12 yesterday. Absolutely LOVED IT! I thought it had more legroom than the stretch seats in the first couple of rows (stretch seats were $50, row 12 was $16 on our flight). Note: tray tables are in the arm rest of the seat. If I ever fly Frontier again, it's going to be in row 12. Economy priced seating for first class legroom. Check.
How is the vertical seat though? Since it does not recline at all. Were you on a 3-4+ hours flight?

Last edited by lennyd44; Sep 21, 2016 at 12:40 pm
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:21 am

Trying to figure if row 13 or row 12 is stretch on A320 ISP-FLL ? First it showed 12 on seat map as stretch , now it is showing 13 , so confused

Online map now shows 13, but mobile shows 12 - blue indicates "stretch"

The first image is from the mobile app, the second is from the website - same flight

Last edited by jmsnyc; Nov 19, 2019 at 11:49 am
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I think the official corporate verbiage is that most of the seats are "pre-reclined." Doesn't that sound better?

With row 12 I dunno if it has to be more vertical than the rest because of the exit row behind, but that + immovable armrests would be the trade-off for the extra leg space. In most of their planes, rows 1,2,3, and 13 recline, though most people have to be told where the lever is.

In general it's not good to be 6'5" on any of the ULCCs (or the legacies, but especially the ULCCs). Airlines think - against all evidence - that people are getting smaller and soon will be the size of Oompah Loompahs.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:19 am

Both row 12 and 13 on the A320 are exit row seats with extra leg room. It's bizarre that sometimes one is shown as stretch seating and sometimes not. I usually prefer row 3 for the full size tray table on the seat back and recline (not that I use it often), but all the stretch seats up front have been full at check-in lately for some reason.

Side note, I sat in row 4 recently and it also had a full size tray table. Is this always true?! I don't remember that being the case... this was an A321.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
Side note, I sat in row 4 recently and it also had a full size tray table. Is this always true?! I don't remember that being the case... this was an A321.
Row 4 always has a full size tray table. That is normally what I select with my Elite 20k seat benefit and then spring for stretch at check-in if it is open. However, on longer red eyes I tend to just buy a window in 13 to get the killer leg room.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
Both row 12 and 13 on the A320 are exit row seats with extra leg room. It's bizarre that sometimes one is shown as stretch seating and sometimes not. I usually prefer row 3 for the full size tray table on the seat back and recline (not that I use it often), but all the stretch seats up front have been full at check-in lately for some reason.

I am still trying to figure out the conflict in the seat maps as to which reclines. Right now I have 13c as I bought the Works. Logic dictates that 13 should recline since 12 is the first row of two exit rows. Unfortunately, rows 3 and 4 are full or not avail. If anyone knows please reply

Anyone know? Emailed them but no reply.

Last edited by jmsnyc; Nov 21, 2019 at 10:08 pm
Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: I miss US Airways
Originally Posted by jmsnyc
I am still trying to figure out the conflict in the seat maps as to which reclines. Right now I have 13c as I bought the Works. Logic dictates that 13 should recline since 12 is the first row of two exit rows. Unfortunately, rows 3 and 4 are full or not avail. If anyone knows please reply

Anyone know? Emailed them but no reply.
1, 2, 3, and 13 are the reclining rows on all a/c types.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.