Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier takes big seasonal whack at ATL routes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Frontier takes big seasonal whack at ATL routes

Looks like they're dropping IND, MEM, MKE and RDU to/from ATL around Labor Day and AUS, CLE, CVG, IAH, MCI, SAT, PIT and STL after October. Ouch.

'Tis said to be seasonal and I'm sure some is, but OTOH many probably won't come back. The ones they're dropping around Labor Day seem to be among the most troubled, according to my own unscientific looking around this year. I flew on the last two, MKE and RDU, and they had their good points. MEM would have been more do-able if they didn't gouge so much on rental cars there this year. IND is a real motivational challenge.

With the October drops I notice they're up against Spirit on IAH and CLE. AUS is probably underserved and deserving of renewal, IAH should be big enough, and I dunno about STL or MCI but hope they bring back both.

This "cold to warm" winter strategy looks very Allegiant-ey. Looks like Orlando is getting a huge buildup and ORD also is gaining (are they adding much of anything in DEN anymore?). The ATL-MCO flight times are terrible if in ATL.

I guess next year it'll be time to throw more spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.