Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Frontier rips you off

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Remember the days when Frontier was more like jetBlue?
Yes and they went into bankruptcy and were losing money even after Republic bought them.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 6:34 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I don't know...

Just did Frontier from DEN-PBI. The base fare was $3.70 each. Good enough seat ($45 each) and one bag checked ($30,) I had two us, last minute ticket, to PBI for $176 total. UA wants $79+ for their E+ seats, though I do get a free bag on UA with the MR PLT and day of check in E+ for free. But they and AA wanted more like $500+.

Dirty plane, even the FA looked into the forward restroom and just closed the door it was so filthy. Same with the carpets, so I decided to keep my shoes on. But, they were on time and arrived early (plane fell out of the sky just at the right time.) SO how bad can that be?

You get what you pay for. I don't think it's a ripoff or scam, just not a very good airline. But, now that the legacies are playing the revenue game, sometimes these guys look OK.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by thewire
Amen, I am about to dump 25k miles next month. When these clowns ended TV service and the Plus service to chase behind Spirit Airlines on no frills. I said enough. At the end of the day, I rather spend my money on full service airlines. It makes for better air travel even though I pay a little more.
Just dumped the last of my miles too .. bad exchange rate but worth it to be rid of this account forever.

Not only could I never find a flight that worked out for me (2 airports with-in reasonable driving distance) the flights I did find were always on sale, leaving the value of the points not worth using

As a note to those interested, you can transfer points for a free night at a Raddisson (in the US, Mexico and Canada) for 25,000 points a night.
I used it for a few nights for a beachfront in Melbourne Fl, saved me about $200 a night

Other than that points are useless and flight schedules are poor, so not worth it
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Back again to ultimate frustration:

Paid flights can be booked currently through June 6th 2017 as shown on their calendar.
When I switch to "Miles", the website shows availability only through February 28th.

Anyone knows what's up with this ?

Update: as of today I'm able to see the same calendar for award flights.

Last edited by Travelomania; Dec 27, 2016 at 9:28 am Reason: to add info
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: Hy-Vee Fuel Saver
Frontier said on facebook on Sept 19:

Discount Den members can now book through August 11, 2018!
Book Summer 2018! | Discount Den Exclusive
Schedule extension available for 30 days ONLY to Discount Den members.

If this means that, in 30 days from Sept 19, the rest of us will be able to book through Aug 11, it should make it easier to avoid the $15 180-day award redemption fee.

Last edited by scruffy; Sep 23, 2017 at 11:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.