Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does F9 charge for drinks ? (non-alcoholic)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Does F9 charge for drinks ? (non-alcoholic)

I am a newbie F9 flyer, want to take my first flight on F9 ORD-SFO, (well mostly because they had changed their departures, now leaving in the morning and not at night arriving 2am) I don't see the website mention anything about food and beverages, and look thru this board for the past 6 months, no one mention anything, so do they have a buy on board menu ? Charge for sodas and juices too ?

Also can't decide if I want to do the stretch seating or not, it will be $45 ow, if not even getting an assigned seat in the front half of the plane is $24, back half is $12. I don't want to pay a bunch of fees, if so it would only be $30-$50 cheaper than UA or AA in the end.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I am a newbie F9 flyer, want to take my first flight on F9 ORD-SFO, (well mostly because they had changed their departures, now leaving in the morning and not at night arriving 2am) I don't see the website mention anything about food and beverages, and look thru this board for the past 6 months, no one mention anything, so do they have a buy on board menu ? Charge for sodas and juices too ?

Also can't decide if I want to do the stretch seating or not, it will be $45 ow, if not even getting an assigned seat in the front half of the plane is $24, back half is $12. I don't want to pay a bunch of fees, if so it would only be $30-$50 cheaper than UA or AA in the end.
Water is free...everything else isn't. That being said I never have a fuss paying $1.99 for a drink after usually paying like $39 for my ticket. If you want a much better chance at getting a seat you want free of charge, create an EarlyReturns account and set your seat preferences to aisle or window.

I can't guarantee it'll work but after I set my seat preferences, I've gotten a window all ~11-12 times I've flown them since. Remember to link your ticket to your account too...

As far as Stretch seating goes...if you have a laptop or are very tall, it's pretty much "necessary"...tray tables in back aren't even big enough for a large tablet and barely big enough for a soda. Again though, I never really complain, I've come to expect it and it usually saves me so much money that I'll take it in a heartbeat. Hope this helps!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:43 pm

Most drinks including alcoholic and non-alcoholic are cheaper on the Frontier plane than in the terminal.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA
I think "The Works" should include a free drink or even snack.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 2:50 pm

Bring your own tea bag, hot chocolate or instant coffee and ask for hot water.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Do you get ice with that free glass of water?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dwcatty
Do you get ice with that free glass of water?
If the cabin crew feels like it! Or maybe if you ask. BTW, they don't usually announce this benefit, so it's kind of a "secret free water" thing.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by iahphx
If the cabin crew feels like it! Or maybe if you ask. BTW, they don't usually announce this benefit, so it's kind of a "secret free water" thing.
Yep, even has its own handshake Just kidding. Ask for a glass of water as a bottle of water isn't free. It gets poured from a 1.5L bottle of water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.