Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule extension prediction

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Lightbulb Schedule extension prediction

Flights are now only for sale till 4/4 ... based on F9's historical patterns, when will the next schedule extension be ? thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by jeedk
Flights are now only for sale till 4/4 ... based on F9's historical patterns, when will the next schedule extension be ? thanks.
I don't think there is enought history to accuately predict. Perhaps this thread could serve to start building a history.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:25 am

Well, it's 12/7 and still nothing past 4/4
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:10 am

I'm watching this too, I like their PHL-CUN schedule. (long time lurker, first post!)
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: WN RR, B6 TrueBlue, AA, NK
Originally Posted by midtowngirl
I'm watching this too, I like their PHL-CUN schedule. (long time lurker, first post!)
Welcome, I'm a bit of an occasional poster myself. My brother and Sister in law lives in the CUN area and often fly Southwest down due to baggage allowance working out cheaper due to gifts and gringo goods for him. and fly F9 back as the schedule on the return makes it better for me. Waiting for this to be opened up.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:44 pm

Schedule is now through 4/13/2016.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:54 pm

The lack of schedule extension is getting ridiculous. Why extend it 9 days?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by benfro6
The lack of schedule extension is getting ridiculous. Why extend it 9 days?
Very strange. It's almost harking back to a couple years ago when they were in the midst of their ULCC transition. Either something else is in the works, or it just has to do with fleet capacity. They are really constrained right now and not getting new planes fast enough to replace the old ones they are returning.

But you'd think any properly managed airline would know for certain what their fleet would look like in 5 months?! Maybe not.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by bridge29
Very strange. It's almost harking back to a couple years ago when they were in the midst of their ULCC transition. Either something else is in the works, or it just has to do with fleet capacity. They are really constrained right now and not getting new planes fast enough to replace the old ones they are returning.

But you'd think any properly managed airline would know for certain what their fleet would look like in 5 months?! Maybe not.
Well, there are also those of us (as well as a few industry analysts) who believe schedule extension may be on hold until a post-holiday F9-NK merger announcement, though I'm still keeping my fingers crossed such a thing doesn't happen...
Old Dec 24, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: WN RR, B6 TrueBlue, AA, NK
Originally Posted by owen61
Well, there are also those of us (as well as a few industry analysts) who believe schedule extension may be on hold until a post-holiday F9-NK merger announcement, though I'm still keeping my fingers crossed such a thing doesn't happen...
I'm thinking it's them wanting to be a little OCD on numbers, or may want to reduce admin hassle of cancelling a route that has potentially 9-11 months worth of reservations.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: AA US
Originally Posted by JohnnyAwesome23
I'm thinking it's them wanting to be a little OCD on numbers,
Last year Spirit jumped on a couple of their route announcements. I think they're trying to give the competition less time to react, knowing their bookings are short lead-time anyway.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by owen61
Given the number people who would necessarily be required to be informed of any impending transaction it seems unlikely the news would not get out. I also think that any merger is premature. Frontier's management will add add a lot of value if they complete the current expansion and demonstrate the sucess of their business plan. They would also (probably get more from an IPO than a merger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.