Frontier personal item - ebags Mother Lode Jr?

Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Frontier personal item - ebags Mother Lode Jr?

First - new poster here, I want to say 'hi' to everyone.

I have the ebags Mother Lode Jr, dimensions = 19.5 x 14 x 9. Frontiers max personal item is 18 x 14 x 8. What are my odds of passing it off? Especially since it's soft sided, I thought I could squeeze it if necessary. Thoughts? Thank you in advance!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 5:06 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk!

In my few experiences flying Frontier, I have never been asked to size my personal item. However my bag has been correctly sized so a casual look by the gate agent would not give her any reason to ask to me to put it in the sizer.

The key for you is that your bag is soft-sided. I would just avoid packing the bag to the absolute gills just in case you are asked to put it in the sizer.

If for some reason every passenger is asked to put their bags in the sizer, keep something you can put on --such as a sweater or the like-- on the top of your bag. That way you can put it on and lighten your bag just until you board the plane. At which time you can put this article of clothing back in your bag.

Don't worry, you'll be fine!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:38 pm

After several recent flights my impression is they aren't too picky, if it looks OK they aren't likely to challenge you.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Thank you both for the reassurances!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.