Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secret to using miles?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Secret to using miles?

Wife and I each have over 50000 miles, we've been trying to use for flights out of Omaha. It seems impossible to ever find a decent flight using points. Is there a secret to using their points? Are there other ways to use the points? Last attempt was Las Vegas sometime in Nov. and almost everything needed a layover in Denver. We've had these points for over 2 years. They seem worthless out of Omaha. Thanks for any insights.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:14 am

First you're aware that if you don't add new points every 6 months your existing points will expire. aren't you.

Miles flights are limited and generally less available for popular destinations and peak travel times, for miles flights that generally included weekends since most people use their miles for personal travel.

The "trick" is to plan ahead and be flexible.

That said looking in October I did find numerous dates available for OMA - LAS in October although weekend trips were somewhat limited, or more expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.