Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Classic Plus vs. The Works?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Classic Plus vs. The Works?

The web site currently does not show pricing for Classic Plus fares although it is described on the web site. The web site does offer The Works as an upgrade, is that an upgrade to Classic Plus?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Frontier no longer sells Classic Plus. You can get many of the features of Classic Plus by upgrading to the Works but they are not identical so you need to check to make sure it has what you want. I believe that one of the differences is Classic Plus used to give free drinks but the Works does not.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

They still list Classic Plus as an available fare, and don't list free drinks as a benefit.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; Aug 30, 2015 at 6:12 pm
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:40 am

There are likely some Classic Plus tickets that are booked, and Frontier might want to keep information about that ticket type until the date passes on those tickets.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rtalk25
There are likely some Classic Plus tickets that are booked, and Frontier might want to keep information about that ticket type until the date passes on those tickets.
Good point.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:26 pm

Classic Plus also provided a 50% bonus in miles.

Also, it was 100% refundable. From the other thread, the Works is a fee where the fee itself isn't refundable.

With Classic Plus, I used to find that I couldn't request a full refund unless I called by phone. It wasn't as slick as using southwest.com. Often at times, it was priced more than 2-3x that of the economy fare, when economy fare was low. But other times, it could be less than 2x, and then worth it for the seat selection, bag and 50% miles bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.