Wiki Posts
Search

Logging in doesn't extend mile expiration date

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Logging in doesn't extend mile expiration date

Some flyers are under the impression that logging in to their Frontier account extends the expiration date of their miles.

What really happens is that if you have booked a future flight, the expiration date changes to six months from today and continues to change up to the flight date. If you have no future flights planned, the expiration remains at six months from the last flight you took.

To illustrate this, say that your last flight was on 1/1/15 and you have no future tickets on Frontier. Your expiration should be 7/1/15.

If, on 6/20/15, you purchase a ticket that leaves on 8/1/15 and returns on 8/5/15, your mile expiration date is extended to 12/20/15 (six months from 6/20). If you check your account anytime between 6/20 and 8/5, you'll find that the date is always six months into the future (i.e. between 12/20/15 and 2/5/16). If you check the account on 8/6 or later, you'll find that the date remains at 2/5/16 which six month after your last flight on 8/5/15.

Now, it's possible that the developer of the site was a Schrödinger fan, in which case, your expiration date is in an indeterminate state until and unless you log in to see it
Old Jun 28, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I don't think that's true as I have no future flights and my expiration date is pushed back after each login.

It's not a bad way to get people to visit the site IMO, if it is indeed pushing back the expiration date. Of course if the expiration date shown on the site isn't accurate, that'll be pretty low of them to start zeroing out accounts.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 4:57 pm

I'm with alphaeagle. My last activity was Dec/13 and my miles are due to expire on the 30th. My account shows an expiration of 12/28/15, and I have no flights booked and no activity since 2013.

I did try several times to make a booking using the miles but couldn't. That's a whole different story though.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:43 pm

Just as an update: I was finally able to make a booking using my miles, and for the past week my account has been showing an expiry date of 1/1/0001 for my remaining miles. Hah.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.