Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Frontier Worst in On-time percentage and Customer Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Latest DOT rankings of U.S. airlines and their On-time performance for March. The federal government counts a flight as on time if it arrives within 14 minutes.

Last place On-time-
14. Frontier Airlines, 65.2 percent

Customer Complaints-

Passengers on Frontier Airlines were 34 times more likely to complain than passengers on Southwest Airlines, which has the lowest complaint rate. Spirit Airlines had the second-worst rate.
Old May 13, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by hat attack
Latest DOT rankings of U.S. airlines and their On-time performance for March. The federal government counts a flight as on time if it arrives within 14 minutes.

Last place On-time-
14. Frontier Airlines, 65.2 percent
See thats the problem, they may of had 34.8 percent of their flights late but we don't know how many are 15 minutes late and how many of them were more than 45 minutes late. Sure they run behind more often then other airlines (ok every other airline) but if its 15-20 minutes I can live with that.

Originally Posted by hat attack
Customer Complaints-

Passengers on Frontier Airlines were 34 times more likely to complain than passengers on Southwest Airlines, which has the lowest complaint rate. Spirit Airlines had the second-worst rate.
They are also more likely to have paid 3 or 4 times the cost of a Southwest flight and most of them aren't savy enough to read a website and stop assuming that the airline that gave you a $39 fare from PHL to ATL has the same rules as the one thats charging you $239

Last edited by Jerseyguy; May 13, 2015 at 5:41 pm
Old May 13, 2015, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
They are also more likely to have paid 3 or 4 times the cost of a Southwest flight and most of them aren't savy enough to read a website and stop assuming that the airline that gave you a $39 fare from PHL to ATL has the same rules as the one thats charging you $239
While that's true I still don't understand why F9 is so much worse that the other ULCCs. I've done my fair share of flying on NK and G4 and have lowered my expectation accordingly each time I do, but F9 is the only one that's disappointed me consistently. Just as an example, the last flight I booked wouldn't let me book an award flight online so I had to call in, then after calling in and thinking I had booked my flight they called me back 3 hours later at 11:45pm to tell me that they forgot to submit my payment and needed my information again. Then when I had to change my flights, which their own website says is free, they couldn't and had to the redeposit my miles and then said they would have to charge $15 for booking a flight because it was less than 6 months out even though their own award flight doesn't even go out 6 months. I declined to pay the fee so they said they would just redeposit the miles. When I didn't see the miles back into my account it took 2 phone calls, 75 minutes of being on hold, and 3 weeks to get the miles back into my account. I recognize my experience is only one data point, but that's why I'm not a fan. That being said, if their prices are low enough, I'll still fly them, I've just learned not to use their miles to do it.
Old May 13, 2015, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jerseyguy

I think the issue is, blame the passengers or not, G4 and NK clearly spell out to their passengers during the booking process multiple times to add/buy this now (whether its snacks, bags, seats, boarding passes) so they can save later/plan ahead/don't have to pay later. Many people still believe Frontier is that tiny little Denver based airline it used to be. Frontier, unlike Spirit or Allegiant, needs to have better communication. That's why their complaints are well above Allegiant's and Spirit's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.